Quick Build - Tell me what you think

Beave

Gawd
I just need a computer to burn dvd Dual Layer dvd+r discs. my parents have a p3, they only use internet and typing programs and im gonna build them something simple. Gonna use onboard video and sound. I have the hd, dvdrw, windows xp, case, antec 430 power supply. I looked on new egg quick and found this processor

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor 2.6GHz http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103759

Please recommend me a cheap motherboard(under or 100). and some ram (under or 100) that would be good with this setup.

Thanks for all the help :D

You can probably get away with one of the lower AMD cpus and it will still be night and day compared to the P3, no need to spend a lot for a web browsing machine.

yea my parents dont need that good of a computer i think ill go with something like the 4200+ which is around $75, i keep wanting a nicer rig but they dont need much and i wont do much on it either

You could just get a Dell or instead. What's your budget?

around 225, i have everything but the motherboard, processor and ram. i looked at the dells with no lcd for around 350 + shipping + tax,I'd rather build one

around 225, i have everything but the motherboard, processor and ram. i looked at the dells with no lcd for around 350 + shipping + tax,I'd rather build one

Then go with Danny's recommendations.

Back