Quick AHCI quesetion.

awoeonip

Weaksauce
I recently built a system on the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM. I've installed Windows on it with the SATA ports in native IDE mode. Would there be any negative effects if I were to switch it to AHCI mode? I just want to double check before I do anything stupid and wipe out an install...

reports are the sb600 is just as fast or faster with native ide vs ahci...just keep ide for a while untill better drivers come out for ahci....with all the sb600's out there a fix will probubly come along.....im dealing with the same issue with the abit ax78 and have read several tests of ide vs ahci with the sb600....mine is quite fast with the ide setup...ahci is slower with ahci installed right now and its a real pain to get it installed....get a 16meg cashe hard drive for faster access and sit tight for a sb600 fix....if a fix dosent come out you wont notice any difference with ide vs ahci..
all boards with the sb600 are dealing with this right now...its not that big a deal...

Supposedly there are newer drivers for it that come in a beta Catalyst package but I haven't tried them.

Back