Questions re: HP ZR30w and Dell U3011

bmt22033

Weaksauce
I'm planning to build a new gaming system in the next 2 - 3 months and I'm leaning towards a 30" 16:10 display. Based on everything I've read, it sounds like my best option would either be the ZR30w or the U3011. With regard to these two displays, can anyone tell me...

...do these displays use the same panel?

...are the stands height, swivel and tilt adjustable?

...is there an advantage to one manufacturer or reseller with regard to:
* dead/stuck pixel guarantee?
* return/exchange policy?

...would both of these displays look ok at a non-native resolution (i.e., older games/apps that might not support 2560x1600)? I'll probably go with a GTX 580 SLI setup so if either or both of these displays don't have internal scalers, would the scaler on the video card present an acceptable image?

- I see people talking about using Dell coupons to lower the cost of the U3011. How often are those available and where are they found?

- It looks like the inputs on the ZR30w are more limited than the U3011. The only other device I might potentially connect would be an XB360/PS3. Would that be possible with the ZR30w if my PC is already connected to the single DVI input?

Thanks very much for any info!

Seems like these questions pop up every couple of days now. They have been answered many times in the tons of other ZR30W/U3011 threads. Search function is marvelous.

Vega is correct...there is a thread with 900+ replies on the the U3011 where pretty much all of your questions can be answered.

Back