questions about evga step up 2070s -> 3080

Dan

Supreme [H]ardness
Sold my razerblade 15 and im down a PC. Can I buy a 2070 super, and just enter the queue for the step up? i understand it may take a few weeks but atleast ill be able to work on my PC and play games. The last GPU i bought new was a GTX 780. I dont want to screw myself.

1601008465715.png
https://twitter.com/evga_jacobf/status/1309269582897541120?s=21

If I had to guess, I would say the wait could be quite long. Most likely they are going to want to sell all of the cards they can at full price before fulfilling Step-Up orders.

If I had to guess, I would say the wait could be quite long. Most likely they are going to want to sell all of the cards they can at full price before fulfilling Step-Up orders.
I would also think so, Im buying a 3440x1440 144hz monitor and my GTX 760 is just not goign to cut it lol

I just sold my Titan XP and tried to get both the RTX 3080 and 3090 with no luck. I did just want you said. I bought a EVGA 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra last Sunday and The day I got it I register it and jumped on the step up queue. I run a alienware 34” 1440p 120hz and for the most part the 2080 Super does a great job. So ill use this till I get my 3080 FTW3 ultra. No more sitting day and night clicking F5 on all the sites. Good luck you all of you.

Reactions: Dan
like this
I bought a 2070 super ftw3 for ~600 bucks from amazon last week, did not even open it. Registered and used it to step up to a 3090 ftw3 ultra.. I was refreshing evgas site at noon est yesterday (when the step up went live for 3090s) and got into the queue, hopefully I am not to far down the list. I am trying to get a 3080 also for another system with no luck as of yet. I feel it is kinda late to do a step up to a 3080 over a week after release.. I bet there is a long queue.. but maybe it would still be faster than trying to catch one in stock.. a rough eta from evga for step ups would be nice.

I bought a 2070 super ftw3 for ~600 bucks from amazon last week, did not even open it. Registered and used it to step up to a 3090 ftw3 ultra.. I was refreshing evgas site at noon est yesterday (when the step up went live for 3090s) and got into the queue, hopefully I am not to far down the list. I am trying to get a 3080 also for another system with no luck as of yet. I feel it is kinda late to do a step up to a 3080 over a week after release.. I bet there is a long queue.. but maybe it would still be faster than trying to catch one in stock.. a rough eta from evga for step ups would be nice.

Dont want to wait for the 20GB version?

I did exactly what you are thinking. I went to Best Buy on the 17th. I bought an evga 2070 super xc ultra. Uploaded my receipt to evgas website and joined the step up program. I am waiting in line now for a 3080. They told me that it maybe a little bit before I come up in the queue. But the way I see it, I am using a 2070 for free right now and only pay 290$ back to evga and they are going to overnight the 3080 ftw. Card is 809$ I paid 539$ I am happy with my scenario. I can game at 1440p and get 100+ fps in Warzone with everything on max. I am in no rush to get the 3080 but it's nice knowing I am in line to get one. And I get to use the 2070 for free until the 3080 gets to me.

Go ahead and do it!

Reactions: Dan
like this
Bstock does not work with the step up FWIW!!

Reactions: Bees
like this
Back