QUESTION: XBOX Game Pass BETA $1 One Month

My question is for those with experience with this: if we sign up for this will we also get charged next month, or does this promotion only have you do this for the one month you signed for without renewing. I am asking this because I cannot go into my account to cancel a subscription (if there is one). Stupid story below as to why:

A couple of weeks ago when The Outer Worlds was released I decided to try the XBOX Game Pass Beta, I opted to try it for the first month for $1. I created an outlook account specifically for this purpose, so the account is 2 weeks old as well. For a week or so it was great and I was playing the game, THEN it asked me to log into my outlook account last night. No big deal. I put in the password. It doesn't work. Long story short I get locked out and have gone around in circles trying to reset the password, which it won't let me do because they can't verify the account is mine.

I have no faith they will give me my account back. I just want the subscription cancelled but they cannot look into that for me without me being able to get into my account :inpain:

It's a subscription, you have to cancel it. Microsoft support is pretty good, they usually can validate using the payment method you signed up with.

It's a subscription, you have to cancel it. Microsoft support is pretty good, they usually can validate using the payment method you signed up with.

Thanks for the response. When I called the support number the representative on the other end told me she could not cancel it. She suggested waiting 24 hours for my account to unlock to try signing in again, and then if the attempt failed to call support once more. In spite of telling her I just want to see about getting the subscription cancelled she continued saying that she could not without validating the account. She didn't mention the option of validating my payment method or anything. I am just a little frustrated.

I did set up payment through my paypal. I went in paypal and cancelled future payments to microsoft, hoping that sticks. Was way easier than trying to get help through Microsoft anyway.

Back