Question: what is the street value of second-hand radiators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KazeoHin

[H]F Junkie
Hey guys, I'm cashing in my Christmas present to myself this year on a new WC loop. I'm seriously considering getting one of Alphacool's 'cool answer' DDC/XT pre-picked kits. I've built a few loops for customers using pre-picked kits, and I find them AWESOME value compared to picking your own parts: take for instance: if I were to buy a good block, tubing, compression fittings, Llang pump, res and alphacool's 'Monsta' 280 rad off of my favoured Australian parts site: I'm looking at about 400 AUD after shipping. If I go with alphacool's own 360 rad pre-picked kit (the top-end-one with the Llang pump) and purchase the Monsta 280 rad separately, I end up paying 380 AUD after shipping...

So this begs the question: why not just use the 360 rad? Well it doesn't fit my case... At all. And the ONLY alphacool kits you can buy in Australia are 360 and 480 kits. Even though Alphacool make nice Llang kits with 120 rads, they don't seem to sell them in Australia.

So basically I can buy a nice kit with a 5.25 bay res, Llang pump, compression fittings and two high quality Rads for cheaper than buying the parts separately with only one radiator. In this situation, I'll have an extra 360 radiator I can't use: it will be sitting brand new in the original box. What could I sell this for? I don't see ANY second-hand radiators on eBay, so I have no idea what I should ask for. I know these XT45 360 radiators are about $100 AUD new, but I'm not naive enough to expect anywhere near brand-new price, (even though it would technically be never used).

If I go with this option, what should I expect to sell an Alphacool XT45 360mm rad for?

Last edited:
I would say 20-50% lower than retail depending upon how long you are willing to wait for the right buyer to come around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back