[QUESTION] Water Cooling Flow & Air Flow?...

ITAngel

n00b
Hey guys, I will be hopefully watter cooling my CPU this weekend and I was curious what is the most optimize cooling flow that I should have on my Corsair Air 540.

As for water flow I was thinking something like Res -> Pump -> Rad -> CPU Block -> Rad and back to Res.

As far as air flow go, I was thinking the 3 120 fans on the front pushing cool air in, and the top fans pushing air out along with the rear fan pushing air out. Not sure if that works or not.

Any though?

Sounds good- push is slightly (very slightly) better then pull, and push/pull is better than both, but noisier and hard to fit in some cases. I personally try to make sure every radiator is getting cool air from outside the case, and more fans pushing in than extracting (and all inputs filtered), so that there is positive pressure in the case and you are not pulling dust into every crack and crevice. Vmmv, depending on case, and especially the lone rear fan may work fine either way.

Sounds good- push is slightly (very slightly) better then pull, and push/pull is better than both, but noisier and hard to fit in some cases. I personally try to make sure every radiator is getting cool air from outside the case, and more fans pushing in than extracting (and all inputs filtered), so that there is positive pressure in the case and you are not pulling dust into every crack and crevice. Vmmv, depending on case, and especially the lone rear fan may work fine either way.

I see this is the case I have and also I need as much cool air in since I have to keep a Devil 13 dual 290X card cooled since is not going to be part of the loop.

900x900px-LL-8432540d_IMG_20160130_183658806.jpeg

I am currrently waiting for the water cooling stuff to get here so I can start the project hopefully this weekend. If I had 2 GPU Blocks I would had totally tried to cool that graphic card but I don't so the CPU will be the only one. I have 2x 240mm Magicool Slim G2 Rad, a EK CPU Block, EK-RES X3 150, EK fittings, and Corsair SP120mm PWM High Performance fans, Ex-Xtop Revo D5 PWM, Swiftech 8W-PWM-SPL-ST 8 Way PWM Splitter-Sata.

Last edited:
Wow- looks tight in front of the video card, good luck packing in all in.

And when you get to the tubing, measure a few times before cutting!

Thanks, it looks a bit tight but way better air flow I have on that case than I did on my old Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower. :D I should be getting the package to day so lets see what happens. start planning this project.

Back