question regarding *these* straps (look inside)...

ahmadka

Limp Gawd
Hi guys....well I never really bothered with these, but then thought that maybe I should ask anyway..:p

have a look at these:

1001515tk8.jpg

I got these with my OCZ PowerStream 520W PSU....I was gonna use them when I got my PC installed about 1.5 months ago, but then stopped...

I didnt use them because if you look carefully, these straps have a rough, carpet-type surface...so I think they can probably cause some static charge, making them dangerous inside the casing.....

am I correct in this assumption ? or are these straps.....safe ? :p

its just velco so they will stick to themselves when you wrap them around wires. They are basicaly tie wraps made of velcro so that they can be reused.

good to go and they are quite handy, use them where ever you want.

Question: Do you think they are going to be generating static all by themselves and discharging it all over the place?

They will chafe inside your underware:eek: ..........but will not spontaneously discharge static in yer case. If it was a bad thing it wouldnt be included with the PSU.

I have been using those in my system for years now, no problem. My educated guess; they are too small to harbour a charge strong enough to damage components. Besides, what in your PC is able to generate a static charge with those straps?

Won't hurt a thing I've used different versions of those inside and outside my case for years.

Stop being a <Hanz & Franz>girly man</Hanz & Franz>. Strap these to your fan blades and place them up against the cold cathode tube that supposed to light up your ram.

OK thanx...i guess they are safe anyways :p...

on a related note, I also needed some help on how to use these:

1001518ue0.jpg

1001519np2.jpg

I know the procedure seems to be pretty much straight forward, but since I will be doing it for the first time, I thought maybe I should look for a tutorial for this kinda job...

so you know any such tutorials ??

for some reason i always figured those were for keeping your wires neat outside the case.

If your looking for more of the velcro straps go to Wal-mart in the auto section....

i've been using the straps since the summer, they're great, you can get them at staples too in the pc section...or at least around here. if your really worried about them causein static, only change/adjust them when the pc is off.

Don't mod any part of your computer if you are worried about voiding warranties. Sleeving shouldn't, but they could say from taking apart power connectors, you had a loose connection which caused something to short out.

Back