Question regarding DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0a Active Adapter 4K@60Hz

Ski

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an EVGA GTX 780 Ti along with a Samsung UN40JU7100 and need clarification on this DP to HDMI adapter being sold on Amazon, is it capable of outputting the color format to 4:4:4: Chroma and/or the output dynamic range to FULL? Most of the research I've done I've done on this adapter so far has been limited to AMD cards and very little on Geforce cards, let alone my model. I'm not really concerned about the frequency response since my card is already able to produce 60hz but only at YCbCr420 and the output dynamic range being greyed out to limited. If anyone can give me clarification, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
First review on the Amazon page shows an e-mail from UPTab answering the question:

Many TV manufacturers (Sony, Visio, LG, Samsun) are labeling their HDMI ports as 4k at 60Hz which are NOT HDMI 2.0 capable. Make sure the HDMI port you are using on the TV is HDMI 2.0 capable and not just 4K at 60HZ capable. HDMI port 4K at 60Hz indicates it is HDMI 1.4 capable of running 4K at 60Hz with color sampling of 4:2:0. Our adapters are full specification HDMI 2.0 and support color sampling 4:4:4 at 4K at 60Hz.

If it works with AMD hardware then there is no reason it shouldn't on NVIDIA hardware.

Depends on your TV what it will support but HDMI cable and TV settings can also make it so that you only get YCbCr420. I have gone thru several longer HDMI cables trying to get 4:4:4 working with my TV but either it drops the format or has flickering issues. If cable length it not an issue you could try a better cable and also make sure your TV has the right settings. For example my Samsung requires HDMI UHD Color enabled for the input used.

Back