Question regarding a clean install of Windows 10

Quiz

Gawd
I'm on X79 with a 3930K. The latest motherboard drivers for my GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 are from 2015 as per the GIGABYTE website. My question is, if I do a clean install of Windows 10, do I install these drivers from the GIGABYTE website or just let Windows 10 do its thing and install everything for me?

I'm on X79 with a 3930K. The latest motherboard drivers for my GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 are from 2015 as per the GIGABYTE website. My question is, if I do a clean install of Windows 10, do I install these drivers from the GIGABYTE website or just let Windows 10 do its thing and install everything for me?
id just let windows do its thing.

In most cases Windows will install the latest drivers. I usually let Windows do it's thing and if it's missing a driver, then I'd use the manufacturer's website.

If you don't need the applications/ utilities included with some drivers, Windows defaults are usually fine. For things like GPU and sound, some network drivers, IRST etc, the apps/ config utilities are handy.

I have not downloaded any drivers in recent builds and have been using the Windows default for everything. Especially for a board dates back in 2015, I think Windows default drivers should work pretty well.

Install and go to chipset makers website .. Intel? .. if needed.

Back