Question on H80 from Corsair?

Kusanhagi

Weaksauce
If I buy a Corsair H80 is the coolant in the closed system good for the life of the warranty, or do you have to open it up at some point and change out the coolant?

1. Buy large 12" copper pipe about the width of the CPU socket and weld a flat plate with screw holes on the other end. Make sure it's flat and polish until flat and shiny. Test apply to motherboard and check that thermal material has left a nice even imprint, if not adjust pipe to compensate, repeat until perfect. Or buy a readymade one.

2. Now get a bunch of vaseline/dragon skin/eraser and coat motherboard/socket everything. Tear up motherboard/CPU warranty.

3. buy lots of liquid helium from where you can buy it from. Put copper tube in freezer.

4. Place cold tube on motherboard and use negative ℃ appropriate TIM. Turn off overvoltage protection/safety on motherboard.

5. Fill tube with Liquid and turn on. Hope there is no cold bug.

6. Refill every few seconds (might want an assisant to do this) until computer is off. Stick V over 9000 and dial the multiplier. Possibly replace CPU every few weeks from hot/cold thermal stress. :p

1. Buy large 12" copper pipe about the width of the CPU socket and weld a flat plate with screw holes on the other end. Make sure it's flat and polish until flat and shiny. Test apply to motherboard and check that thermal material has left a nice even imprint, if not adjust pipe to compensate, repeat until perfect. Or buy a readymade one.

2. Now get a bunch of vaseline/dragon skin/eraser and coat motherboard/socket everything. Tear up motherboard/CPU warranty.

3. buy lots of liquid helium from where you can buy it from. Put copper tube in freezer.

4. Place cold tube on motherboard and use negative ℃ appropriate TIM. Turn off overvoltage protection/safety on motherboard.

5. Fill tube with Liquid and turn on. Hope there is no cold bug.

6. Refill every few seconds (might want an assisant to do this) until computer is off. Stick V over 9000 and dial the multiplier. Possibly replace CPU every few weeks from hot/cold thermal stress. :p

Ooo, that sounds a bit pricey. I can afford the liquid helium, but the servants that go with it, and the extra parts, may outpace my budget. I may have to rethink things. Perhaps nitrogen may be a better fit? It should use less slaves at least.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm thinking I will just keep my computer in Antarctica, and then remote desktop to it.

I'm thinking I will just keep my computer in Antarctica, and then remote desktop to it.

That's just stupid if you live in the northern hemisphere. The Arctic Circle is much closer and for most of us it doesn't involve an undersea cable connection.

Ooo, that sounds a bit pricey. I can afford the liquid helium, but the servants that go with it, and the extra parts, may outpace my budget. I may have to rethink things. Perhaps nitrogen may be a better fit? It should use less slaves at least.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you do it carefully, probably cheaper than watercooling as there's no pump...minus the slaves!

Unless you have a factory producing the stuff, and a constant supply of dedicated servants liquid helium/nitrogen is not really suited for long term cooling! :( If you want to go permanent negative degrees subambient look into phase change...but that makes anything else look cheap, to a lesser coldness degree, chilled water (either way youll have to coat your boards in goo! :D).

Back