Question on CM Hyper 212 Evo

DarkStar_WNY

2[H]4U
I just finished my first system builds and I used a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Eco and once it was on and locked down I notice that even though everything is right the heatsink can still be roasted ever so slightly.

Is this normal?

The temps seem okay but I was wondering if I possibly screwed something up (I like the hsf and the price can't be beat but they really need to redo the mounting hardware.)

You mean rotated, right? Yes, that's normal for that heatsink (and really any of them with a center pressure point).

Yeah, rotated (Swype bites me again. lol!

Thanks, this was my first full build and I just wanted to make sure.

yeah... i have two hyper 212+ coolers and they both rotate slightly... freaked me out on the first one ..but then i googled it and the temps where good so i said F*** it ;)

... oh but that reminds me...so I had to reinstall one of them a few times and once I installed it and the damn thing was tight as could be (no rotation at all) performance was the same as before. Eventually had to take it off one more time...now it freaking rotates a bit again... whatever

but yeah the slight rotation seems to be pretty normal with these things.

edit mmmmmmm slightly roasted cpu

I had the same thing happen with my Hyper 212+ when I had one, and now the same thing happens with my Zaward Vapor 120. Like the other posters said, it is normal.

I had a H-212+ but never had this problem. It was solid tight on the cpu socket.

Back