Question on ASUS K8V Deluxe

HardAMD

Weaksauce
Bought a new computer a week ago and I'm having a problem with my audigy 2. At first it detected the card and the drivers would install but all i would get is static out of the card. I know the headphones i used were good cause i tested them on my other computer. I got over it for a week and emailed creative that all i got was static and they told me to uninstall all the drivers and everything that creative had to do with so i did that. Now I plug in my audigy 2, fully seated in the pci slot (tried 2 different slots) and i boot up seems to detect the card jsut fine and i cancel the add hardware wizard and proceed using the creative cd. I hit install and everything seems fine, but all of a sudden i get an error saying the installer could not detect a sound blaster audigy card on my computer. Stuck it in a different pci slot. Same thing. I'm wonderingis there a problem between the mobo and the audigy or do i just havea bad card? Or any other ideas anyone might have. Specs in sig

sorry, no answer but question. Did you have any trouble mounting silent boost K8 to K8V? zalman 7000aclu didnt work, ordering a new heatsink. Do you recommend the thermaltake K8?

Back