Question for Logitech G700 users.

ninjaturtle

2[H]4U
Does the G700 perform better w/ 1.5v batteries as compared to 1.2v ones.

I'm thinking about replacing my aging Revolution VX and get a 1.6v rechargeable nickel-zinc battery system instead of a nickel–metal one.

I'd guess only thing that matters is capacity and maximum charge cycles count

this mouse need to be recharged every single day if you're casual gamer and every 3rd day if you use it for desktop with 125MHz pooling rate and heavy power saving

so there's little chance you'll run into typical rechargeable batteries problem with self discharge etc.

does it need 1.6V? I'd guess not since it can achieve it's designed spec on 1.2V

4x1.6V would be awesome for SLR Camera Flash imo ;)

My Rev-VX was meant to run on 1.5v batteries and sucks on 1.2v so I'm using a nonchargeable alkaline.

Used to own rechargeable alkalines years ago, bought ni-mh thinking that would be good for my mouse, now I just discovered less than a year ago rechargeable nickel-zinc which run close to to them.

Now I just remembered ni-zc can't be charged on a ni-mh system. :(

Might have to pick-up/find some ultra high density ni-mh batteries.

What in the capacity of the included battery of the g700? I might not have to buy one.

Mine came with a 1900 mAh Eneloop. Don't be fooled by the 1900 mAh rating though, they last about 1.5 times longer than some 2300 mAh Panasonics I have. The Panasonic batteries are a couple years old but they still seem to last as long in the camera I bought them for so I think the Eneloops are just better batteries, Eneloops also come in a 2500 mAh variety if it's that big of a deal for you.

Mine came with a 1900 mAh Eneloop. Don't be fooled by the 1900 mAh rating though, they last about 1.5 times longer than some 2300 mAh Panasonics I have. The Panasonic batteries are a couple years old but they still seem to last as long in the camera I bought them for so I think the Eneloops are just better batteries, Eneloops also come in a 2500 mAh variety if it's that big of a deal for you.

I just got home w/ my g700, owned 2 Rev-MX and loved the extra buttons that the Per-MX doesn't have. Right now I'm in the middle of setting it w/ the macros. Might service the VX to give it a 2nd life.

No, there will be no difference, but what are you looking to perform better, every setting is tweakable (ie. polling, DPI) so what are you looking to perform? Battery life, Volts don't mean anything to that, thats the mAh rating, through as previously said that doesn't mean as much as it should. Just got a 4 pack of batteries (eneloops)+charger and than you never have to charge it through the cable, always fresh batteries.

Thanks for pointing towards enloops, looks like they are the best ni-mh to get. Now to decide which battery package to fit my needs. :)

Eneloops rock, I just ordered a few more last week, been replacing them unto most everything in the house for a few years now. Take a look at N Lee the Engineer's reviews on Amazon, particularly with regards to the different kinds of Sanyo chargers, he provides lots of good info.

IIRC the 2-bay USB charger that comes with two batteries is one of the faster charging ones and it's probably convenient for recharging mouse batteries since you can plug it right unto a USB port even. I actually just ordered it to replace an old Energizer USB charger I'd been using when traveling.

The 4 bay Sanyo charger can only charge in pairs and it's amongst the slowest, tho it hardly matters if you're gonna rotate two sets. The two bay one can recharge one or two batteries at a time like the USB one. Sanyo revises the chargers every once in a while so it's worth reading a few recent reviews, there's other good chargers out there but the Sanyo ones are usually a good deal when bundled with batteries.

Second and first gen Eneloops are mostly the same but you might as well get second gen ones now with slightly better durability... There's some higher capacity XX versions but they're like double the cost for 25% more capacity, I've yet try them.

Sorry to go off topic, but I'm interested in buying the G700. Is the rechargeable cable that comes with the mouse as hard as they say? Is it difficult to use during game when it's plugged in compared to a normal wired mouse?

Just stay wireless and swap out batteries when they die (there is no degradation in performance right up till they take their last breath). I've been using mine for 6+ months and never even unpacked the cable.

I been looking at Apple's 2 bay charger that is said to use eneloop batteries and come w/ 6 cells. It is only a few dollars more than if I get a charger and the same amount of batteries, but I save a little more room crowded laptop bag.

As far as the mouse cable being to stiff IDK, I haven't used a wired mouse in ages.

Sorry to go off topic, but I'm interested in buying the G700. Is the rechargeable cable that comes with the mouse as hard as they say? Is it difficult to use during game when it's plugged in compared to a normal wired mouse?

the cable is thick and depending on your desk layout, can make gaming or general use uncomfortable.
I have it wired since I have a large desk with about 2 feet of space in front of my mouse for the cable to lay on.
I use it in wireless mode when I game since I play with the mouse right in front of me and use a G13 Keypad instead of a keyboard.

this is an older pic of the layout with the Performance MX,
game-setup2.jpg

I had a G700 for a while and the cable did get in the way of gaming. You kind of have to put the cable on the table so it doesn't tend to "pull' the mouse under the desk. Should be okay if you have something to hold the cable in place on top of your desk, but still it's not as much freedom as going wireless.

The cable is quite stiff, and when I use it I can sometimes feel the resistance it presents.
What I do is plug the cable in for charging when I leave the comp for a longer period of time and then disconnect again when playing a game. Also keep a couple of spares around to swap when it dies completely.

Overall, loving the mouse.

The stock cable is pretty stiff, yes, but I'm pretty sure it's just a mini-USB with a special shaped plastic bit around the plug. So realistically you should be able to use any mini-USB cable you want.

I basically do what the poster above said; leave it plugged in when I'm not at the computer and unplug it for a game.

I use the cable to charge my phone.

I use an 8 pack of Eneloops to run the mouse. Everyday, I pop in a fresh battery. When I get enough used ones, I'll recharge. The little added cost doesn't scare me. I even keep the battery door out at all times.

The mouse is worthy of the added cost.

Back