Question for BF3 server admins/owners regarding game modes

limitedaccess

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm just wondering since conquest max is 64 players but rush max is 32, I'm guessing it is impossible to have mixed mode servers?

Are mixed mode 32 player conquest/32 player rush servers possible?

Can you mix any of the other modes? Or is every server set to one mode only?

I think when procon2 comes out they are going to have some sort of fix built in that will allow you to run mixed mode games. Not sure if you can do it right now though.

server is locked to lowest player version, hopefully procon can fix it.

Just to clarify, I don't have a server. This is mainly being curious and wondering if I can find mix mode servers.

So right now you cannot run a server in mix mode map rotation?

Or you can, but with the the player limit as the max of the lowest player limit mode you have in rotation?

If procon enables this functionality though, would it just randomly kick people over the limit once it switches maps or could you actually do something crazy like 64 player rush?

i'm pretty sure to keep it mix mode you'll have to set the server to the max players allowed (32) vs 64 if your server supports it.

Side note, I'm actually surprised my server hasn't been hammered yet. There seem to be plenty of servers out there right now so unless it's a need for you and friends, i'd wait anyway. Otherwise you're paying for something that's being wasted. I'm actually debating dropping to a 32 player for mix myself.

it's a simple variable in rcon to mix up the maps and modes. this is server side of course

If you change the variable in rcon (admin/startup.txt) for min players you'll be taken out of matchmaking. That might be why your server is empty if you have edited it.

Last edited:
Back