Question for 8800gtx owners

dtess17

2[H]4U
So i decided to go out and buy the GTX. I installed it last night, but i've noticed a few odd little things, not sure if it's something i did, or if it's a common issue.

first i use two displays, i've used ultramon for the longest time, over the change of three graphics cards, and i've always had everything work well...now all of a sudden my smart taskbar on the secondary monitor is gone. No clue why.

Also normally when my machine would start up i'd see post info on both monitors, and even the windows splash screen, now just the primary.

on the last note...if i go into ntune, i am unable to change my fan speed, or find optimal settings for the overclock...which i have seen other peoples screen shots.

ideas?

alright that should solve the OC and fan issue.

what about ultramon and the windows load screens only showing up on my primary display?

good questions. I have an X1900XTX right now with dual screens and have never had an issue doing so. I also got post/splash screen on both monitors so would like to know what is suppose to happen on a GTX connected the same way. I am going the GTX route very shortly so wouldn't mind these questions answered as well.

i really don't get it. I am coming from 7800gt cards...they seemed to work fine with both ultramon and also just general splash screens and such

perhaps it's the drivers?

well it cant be the drivers as post and splash screen show up long before the drivers begin to load.

I have a 8800GTS and my dual screens act the same way. Well kind of Ultramon works just fine but I don't get anything on the secondary monitor until the drivers load.

well it cant be the drivers as post and splash screen show up long before the drivers begin to load.

good point

i'm gonna try reinstalling ultramon.

The card is working fine. Hell the thing is fast as all hell, just seems so weird that my smart taskbar would just go away

Back