Question for 2700x owners

RamonGTP

Supreme [H]ardness
For the 2700X owners running at default speeds, can you please post your single core Cinebench R15 score? Also helpful if you list your RAM configuration.

I'm inching closer to pulling the trigger on a new build and #1 contender is the 2700X currently. Curious how it compares to my moderately OC'd i7 3770k in single threaded tasks. I'm getting 151 with my current config.

It's around 1750 - 1787 multicore with 3200Mhz CL16 16-16-16-30 (Hynix :( ) . My R7 1700X scored 1730 @ 3.875GHz and 1760 @ 4GHz.

Single core score is about 175-176 on R7 2700X and was about 155 on the R7 1700X.

I haven't switched over to my X470 board yet for BCLK overclocking. It's not a good idea to manual overclock with multiplier since most chips can't hit over 4.2 - 4.25 GHz all core without ridiculous voltages (per Silicon Lottery).

It's a worthy upgrade over i7-3770K.

TBH I think even a 2600X will be a decent bump over your current system if cost is a concern.

That said, depending what you're using it for, you may see little to no gain for anything really. I note you currently have 32GB of DDR3, if you want to match that in DDR4 it'll be the pretty penny spent..

Dat multi core doe..

I upgraded from a 3770 to a 8700k and it's a significant improvement.

But those extra cores of the AMD chips have me drooling...

TBH I think even a 2600X will be a decent bump over your current system if cost is a concern.

That said, depending what you're using it for, you may see little to no gain for anything really. I note you currently have 32GB of DDR3, if you want to match that in DDR4 it'll be the pretty penny spent..

Budget isn’t too much of an issue thankfully. Not looking to spend a grand on a cpu but 3-400 isn’t an issue. DDR4 pricing is one reason I haven’t upgraded yet.

I use my PC for a bit of everything really. Decent amount of gaming, a bit of video editing an occasional photo edit. This is far more a case of scratching an upgrade itch than it is out of necessity.

Budget isn’t too much of an issue thankfully. Not looking to spend a grand on a cpu but 3-400 isn’t an issue. DDR4 pricing is one reason I haven’t upgraded yet.

I use my PC for a bit of everything really. Decent amount of gaming, a bit of video editing an occasional photo edit. This is far more a case of scratching an upgrade itch then it is out of necessity.

Haha fair enough. If it's to scratch the itch, I'd say do it :p. I have the same itch, but definitely should not be spending the cash. Though my case I'd be going from an i5 4690k to a 2600x. 16Gb RAM only.

Video editing will see a good jump for sure. Gaming maybe not much depending on your res.

I think your overall usability of a system will be more responsive though, and gaming will have much better minimum frames, though averages may not be affected as much.

Also gives you the option of grabbing a high speed M.2 NVME that Z77 doesn't support... Not to make you spend MORE money.. Of course.. :p

I’ll certainly be going M.2 with my next build. Realistically I’m still at least a few months out for a new build. Thinking maybe around the holidays at the earliest or maybe as late as when nVidia releases an 1180Ti or whatever they end up calling it. DDR4 is just too expensive right now to justify an unnecessary albeit noticeable upgrade, but I want to have as much info as possible so when the time comes I know exactly what I want going in the shopping cart.

Single core is 178 - 180 depending on run. This is at stock AND OC'd to 4.3 GHz. I see no difference between OC and stock for single thread performance (probably because stock boosts single core up to 4.35 anyway). RAM configuration is in my sig.

OP, for what's it worth, I went from a 3770K @ 5Ghz all core, 5.1Ghz for games paired with 16gb DDR42400@2600 to a Ryzen 1600 @ 4.1Ghz paired with DDR4 3200 @ 2933 14-14-14-1T and the Ryzen system was easily my favorite. I'd owned that 3770K since launch week, but I was looking for some extra cores and cutting my 240W CPU only Power use down a good bit.

I really expected the Ryzen system to be a sidegrade/slight downgrade in some things but I couldn't have been more surprised. Windows 10 is so much smoother on the Ryzen system, and I never noticed a difference in games. I am using a 1080P FreeSync panel @ 80Hz and I was running a single VEGA 56 with both systems @ 1440/1800P VSR. I could not tell you the difference in a blind test in games, but in heavy multi-tasking the Ryzen system wins hands down.

I actually just grabbed a 2700 myself to see if I can hit the silicon lottery hard once again (I've only lost it once over 25 different cpus :D). If you have the cash and the itch, go ahead and scratch it. FYI, if you can find a great deal on an Asus X370 Prime, I would not hesitate to jump on it and save a bit of cash. The bios releases have been rolling out fairly quickly and ram/stability issues are not an issue.

Single core is 178 - 180 depending on run. This is at stock AND OC'd to 4.3 GHz. I see no difference between OC and stock for single thread performance (probably because stock boosts single core up to 4.35 anyway). RAM configuration is in my sig.

Are you running 2x16 or 4x8 for your RAM? I notice the 1T command rate so I’m assuming 2x16?

I should note that I am able to run 2933 @ CL14 as well. I don't see a difference in CB single thread score with that, but I may see differences elsewhere. I think it's a pubic hair faster at 2933/CL14 than 3000/CL16

For the 2700X owners running at default speeds, can you please post your single core Cinebench R15 score? Also helpful if you list your RAM configuration.

I'm inching closer to pulling the trigger on a new build and #1 contender is the 2700X currently. Curious how it compares to my moderately OC'd i7 3770k in single threaded tasks. I'm getting 151 with my current config.
Better single core performance than a 3770k or a 4770k. , about 5% less than Skylake. Multicore performance is 3% lower than the 10 core 6950X.

I'm getting around 1850 multicore and 175 single core for Cinebench on Ryzen 2700x on a ASrock X370 Taichi motherboard and 16 Gb G.skill FlareX 3200 RAM 14 14 14 28 settings.

I undervolted the processor slightly to get higher clocks with the boost and edited the settings for the Performance Boost Overdrive. But otherwise it is stock.

Last edited:
single 176
multi 1808

performance enhancer 2 mode (highest stock boost)
asus x370 c6h bios 6101

16gb 3466 14-14-14-28-42 1t

Cinebench R15

Single-thread: 182

Multi-Threaded: 1847

GIGABYTE X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI

DDR4-3400

16-16-16-36 1T

I plan on upgrading from a 3770k as well and I also ran a mild overclock. The results from this thread are making me want to buy for sure.

I plan on upgrading from a 3770k as well and I also ran a mild overclock. The results from this thread are making me want to buy for sure.

Yep, me too. I just know once I buy DDR4 it'll end up being half the price by the end of the year.

Yep, me too. I just know once I buy DDR4 it'll end up being half the price by the end of the year.
If it does drop I’ll add some extra RAM. These prices are ridiculous. I’m holding off of buying a new GPU with this build because of the current market.

Did you ever upgrade?

Not yet.. Looking towards the end of the year. Going to see how well my current setup handles BF V and Black Ops 4 first.

Not yet.. Looking towards the end of the year. Going to see how well my current setup handles BF V and Black Ops 4 first.

I bit the bullet. The overclocking like other people have mentioned hasn't been too impressive. Still a good upgrade from my 3770k I was running at 4.2ghz.

Single-thread: 172

Multi-Threaded: 1803

ASUS Crosshair 7 Hero

DDR4-3200

14-14-14-28 1T

Last edited:
I'm actually not planning to OC. First time I've ever said that since building my own machines. With little to no gains to be had, especially with the way turbo works, I'll just err on the side of stability. I too am running my 3770k @ 4.2

I'm actually not planning to OC. First time I've ever said that since building my own machines. With little to no gains to be had, especially with the way turbo works, I'll just err on the side of stability. I too am running my 3770k @ 4.2

Good call! It was a very infuriating process and in the end, I'm basically back to stock with just an increase in memory speeds. Plus my real upgrade will be going to a 1080ti FTW3 from a Maxwell Titan X.

Back