Question About Xen to ESXi Exchange Migration

rhansen5_99

2[H]4U
Hey Guys got a question maybe one of you experts could answer.

So what I am wanting to do is migrate our exchange 2007 server that is running on Server 2008 SP2 from a vm that is on Citrix Xenserver 5.6 to a ESXi server.

I was trying to use the VMWare vCenter Converter Standalone Client and am running into some issues. I know Xenserver is garbage...

So for starters I had the exchange box setup with 2 virtual disks, one with the os and apps and the second disk for the Exchange storage group. Well long story short I could not get a successful export in this configuration.

Next I did some reconfiguring of the server to move everything to one drive and then disconnected the second drive in Xen. I can now do a successful export to the esxi server. But the problem is that on firing up the server on Esxi (after shutting down the Xen vm) I cannot get the transport connectors to actually spool mail.

Any suggestions out there would be very welcomed :)

did you stop all exchange services when you ran the v2v? Have you deleted the queue db?

Yeah sorry for the late response. So basically the issue for this is that the mac for the nic is bound to the send / receive connector in the registry. So basically you need to either wipe these settings out or remove hidden disconnected hardware after the migration.

Back