Question about X1800XT - CF Edition

ncantador

Gawd
Sorry if this has already been asked, but can anyone tell me if this card will work in single card mode. That is without a slave card attached to it. Thinking of picking up the master card first and then getting another regular XT when my finances allow it. I have to upgrade MB, and proc as well.

yes it will but would you want it right now since new cards are just around the corner is the question. Seems like ATi has fixed thier supply issues so you shouldn't have any issues of getting mastercards at any time.

But there is always something new "just around the corner."

Yes it will work as a non X-fire 1800XT.

wickedld9 said:
But there is always something new "just around the corner."

Yes it will work as a non X-fire 1800XT.

well prices will surely drop in a month or so, just saying a $600 mastercard won't be worth that much in month ;)

Thanks everyone for your answers. If a price drop on current cards is just around the corner I may just wait. I've seen some x850 master cards for as low as 275.00 (not that I'm getting one of those), it just seems that prices tend to drop pretty quickly once new ones are out.

I picked up my non-Master X1800XT for $735 the day of launch. If not for Fedex screwing me up, I'd have my Master X1800XT in my hands right now for another $735.

I'll have an R580 as soon as it is possible to have one when they are released. Most likey regardless of cost.

However, if I couldn't easily sell these things for market prices like I can (not that I will be), and/or I didn't have money to burn on this particular facination of mine, I would be waiting right now to buy the X1800XT when the R580 releases early next year. Or, I would buy an X1800XL and OC it.

The R580 is most likely going to be unreasonably high priced the first month of release or so like the 7800 GTX 512 is right now.

Just my 2 cents worth.

EDIT: To be fair, I would also consider SLI 7800 GT's. I returned mine because I love ATI (and hope they start deserving that affection in 2006 like they have in the past). But having ran SLI GT's for a while, I can't deny that it is good bang for buck, more so than any dual card ATI solution right now (since there will be no X1800XL CF).

Back