question about updating ati drivers

tekcajder

Limp Gawd
I recently upgraded my graphics card from an old nvidia card to an ati all in wonder x800 xt.

being that i've had nvidia cards for years, and this new card has alot more going on with it (aside from just display functions) ... i realized i dont know how to update it.

ati's website has seperate sections for their graphics cards and their AIW cards ... if i'm just trying to update my display drivers, would i just download the most recent catalyst drivers? or is there something else i have to pay attention to.

i know this is a dumb question, but i just want to be safe by asking.

cheers - tek.

tekcajder said:
I recently upgraded my graphics card from an old nvidia card to an ati all in wonder x800 xt.

being that i've had nvidia cards for years, and this new card has alot more going on with it (aside from just display functions) ... i realized i dont know how to update it.

ati's website has seperate sections for their graphics cards and their AIW cards ... if i'm just trying to update my display drivers, would i just download the most recent catalyst drivers? or is there something else i have to pay attention to.

i know this is a dumb question, but i just want to be safe by asking.

cheers - tek.

Uninstall the Nvidia card and use DriverCleaner..

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

sorry, i should have mentioned that i did all that when i got the new card. right now my problem is that the drivers bundled with the card are old enough to update.

my question is, with all of the extra hardware on the AIW card, is there some specific download i need to get? or can i simply download the latest catalyst driver from ati.

^^ exaxctly - once on that page you can choose specifically what drivers you want for the card.

media center
DVD decodres
display drivers

etc

Back