Question about the Nautilus 500 pump

jws2346

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all you WC'ing fanatics :D

Please don't anybody get into the aluminum in your loop deal. I'm just using the water pump (right side up :rolleyes: )

About a week ago I purchased a Nautilus 500 WC'ing kit from Ebay. Not really intending to use it with just one fan, a single rad (aluminum yet :eek:) or, what I believe, restrictive "quick disconnects". :(

When I added the Nautilus water pump to a loop I'm building containing a MCR220 rad, Apogee GT WB and a Micro rez I pealed and scaped the Nautilus factory sticker off the pump along with some double sided tape residue. The #'s printed on the pump are DDC-2TP, 18w. Does this mean I've got a MCP355 pump? With the limited research I've been able to do (not much I could find about the Nautilus 500 water pump on Google) I thought the pump was suppose to be just a MCP350 (9w or so)

Please someone chime in. Not that it really matters which pump it is, I've just read where the MCP355 was having problems? :confused:

Oh yeah, I really wasn't expecting to get the Nautilus 500, but you know how it is with Ebay ;)

Welp, to try getting an answer to my question. I took the pump apart to see what color impeller it had (the thingy in the middle that pushes water :rolleyes:). It has a black impeller (thingy in the middle) so I guess it's a MCP350 9w version even though it's clearly printed on the pump body DDC-2TP, 18w :confused::

Edit: I could find posts on Google about the early DDC2 (red impeller body) having start up problems, but I could not find any concerning the newer DDC2 (blue impeller, less head) or any on the DDC1 (either the blue impeller or whatever color the old impeller was, if there was even an impeller change). From what the Laing thread says all newer DDC2 pumps have the blue impeller.

From my avid searching on Google and company I found several failure stats. The most prevelant was about 5% of the older DDC2 pumps failing to start, no biggie, I guess :confused: . It seems Laing, Switftech, DD, et al, are right on top of the situation and/or this post may be "old hat" and outdated. (I'd hate to have my heart fail to start) :(

THANX

Back