Question about the Corsair H50...

mrmylanman

[H]ard|Gawd
Is there any information out on this yet?

I know it's just a rebranded OEM water cooling block that they use on the Dells and HPs and stuff, I was sorta thinking about using it on my i7 since my Silverstone does not really have the room at all for a proper water cooling setup (and my Coolermaster V8 kinda left some to be desired). At about $80, it costs around the same as a TRUE would, when you consider the fan is not normally included. Would this thing be able to cool down an i7? I keep it overclocked at 3.6GHz, so it's not super high or anything. I probably wouldn't go that much higher than that (if at all).

Mainly looking to reduce noise, as well as maybe draw the temps down some (which like I said aren't that bad anyway).

Corsair claims it beats the TRUE, reviews should be coming soon, I read it could be available around the end of the month

That'd be pretty impressive if it does, considering the price of it is about the same. Getting rid of a fan in the case would kind of be nice as well, as long as it doesn't mean a performance drop. Pretty neat stuff if it turns out to be true.

Some stores have them for around 70-75$. http://www.google.com/products?q=corsair+h50&aq=f

Also you missed something: this is NOT the same asetek unit that's been out for 2 years. It's a corsair remade unit (worked with asetek for 6 months) with new corsair cold plate, pipes, radiator and pump. They worked together on the design (hence it looks the same, compact and quiet) but redid everything internally. I'm personally gonna buy 2x noctua p12 for quietness and push/pull config. From the results posted thus far it seems to be beating the true 120:

True top, corsair bottom

computex2009day107o.jpg

computex2009day108.jpg

[H]'s review should be out tomorrow sometime...

But, yes, the H50 should deal with the i7 with no problem really... If you're looking for sub 60c load temps, step up the radiator, but it should beat the TRUE without breaking a sweat.

Was a review ever done for this? I have only managed to find a [H] 'preview' that (as of now) is pretty old.

Back