Question about rivatuner and fan speeds

Dunan

[H]ard|Gawd
The GTX I just got - the fan doesn't spin up very much under load. Even though its not loud I can tell by the airflow coming out, which isnt more than idle.
Is rivatuner supposed to control the fan speed, does it not spin up under load unless rivatuner is installed and tells it to?

The PSU fan is kicking up some and so is the CPU fan:confused:
but the video card is not - i dont want to cook my card!:D

Also the 3Dguru page on how to use it is outdated, the interface of rivatuner is different than the screenshots posted to show how to use it...

Suggestions?

I don't know about yours, but this is how my version works.

Click the arrow next to customize to open the little menu. From there, the first thing on the right has the fan control options.

rivaah4.png

I don't know about yours, but this is how my version works.

Click the arrow next to customize to open the little menu. From there, the first thing on the right has the fan control options.

rivaah4.png

Hmmm...my install doesnt look like that, at least not the second screenshot, totally different.

I got it from guru3d.com, it must be a newer version.
I'm on the work PC right now so I have no screenshot to show.

I used the guide and it worked fine for me. Try this guide.

yeah but that's not the interface i'm getting. They must have changed it for version 2.0.5 which is what I have.

I guess I'll look for the 2.0 download and use that instead, thanks :cool:

I used 2.5 when following the guide. The layout might be slightly different but the buttons all do the same thing.

Yup 2.05 is the same as the screen shot.

Interesting. I'll try to post some screenshots when I get home, THE LOW LEVEL SYSTEM TWEAKS area where is shows one slider there on the screenshot, well it has 3 different fan sliders for mine and does not have the 'fixed' and auto radio buttons.

Oh well no biggie, maybe I'm just missing something there.:cool:

The GTX I just got - the fan doesn't spin up very much under load. Even though its not loud I can tell by the airflow coming out, which isnt more than idle.
Is rivatuner supposed to control the fan speed, does it not spin up under load unless rivatuner is installed and tells it to?

The PSU fan is kicking up some and so is the CPU fan:confused:
but the video card is not - i dont want to cook my card!:D

Also the 3Dguru page on how to use it is outdated, the interface of rivatuner is different than the screenshots posted to show how to use it...

Suggestions?

My new computer with 8800GTS, riva shows a fan speed of 1600 rpm
and it rises to about 1800 rpm if the temp gets 'crazy high'. In other words, those fan speed limits are dumb and I can't change them to trigger the fan speed to rise sooner.

I just use the fixed fan speed option as it works well. Default IIRC
was 60% to give me 1600 rpm, now I set it to 80% which is about
2200 rpm and I dropped 10 degrees in temp and the fan noise isn't
too shabby.

Then you have to make sure riva loads this setting when you boot
the computer.

Back