Question about providers and mobile hotspots.

Max-Powers

Gawd
I currently have $50 tmobile phone from walmart. I want to upgrade to a smartphone. I am looking into what the best provider is and according to the coverage maps, it looks like verison has the best coverage in my area. Lawton, Oklahoma.
I am only starting my research, so I have a couple questions.
How do the mobile hotspots work? Does it make a good companion to a laptop and what phones have it?
Is the incredible the best phone for verison? What does Tmobile have?
Can someone point me in the direction of some good websites comparing the providers and phones?
The Evo sounds great, but I don't want to go with Sprint

www.howardforums.com

That is THE SOURCE for all the best info on every cell provider on the planet, bar none. The largest one out there. If you can't find answers there with respect to cellular/mobile communications questions, they probably don't exist...

thx ill check it out. I am hoping I can convince myself to go with Sprint and get the Evo. I don't want the iPhone, so no reason to go with ATT. Was mainly looking at going with Verison. Tmobile blows. I don't even get good voice coverage

Max, where do you live? Might be able to help you see if Sprint is good for you.

I have NO experience with that area, so my advice would be to go to howardforums.com and ask around there. Also, keep in mind that Sprint gives you a 30 day money back guarantee, might want to take advantage of that as well.

how does the hotspot thing that the evo has work? does it only work with 4g? does it cost extra? does verison have a similar deal? will it hook up to a laptop and give the laptop unlimited internet?

It's 3G/4G but 4G can do calls and data at the same time, it's $30 extra per month, Verizon does, but not for 4G and it's a lot more expensive. And yes to the laptop questions.

Back