Question about my Vigor Monsoon II cooler

poconopc

Gawd
I have an AMD 6400+ Black Edition , Not overclocked with Ultra's version of the Vigor Monsoon II (With controller unit).
I am running this in that Cooler Master Cosmos case with its stock fan setup.

My Temps currently average 109 to 126 degrees Farenheight. Is this ok temp?

I try and keep the Alum part of the cooler clear of any dust build ups that would up my heat.

I know that the Monsoon automatically works the fan speeds but is there any way to increase then myself? Speedfan does not work for me with it.

I love the cooler , its pretty neat looking but I wanted to maximize its ability to cool.

are those the idle and load temps? if so sounds about right.. my 6400+ sits at about 33C idle and 50C full load with the stock phenom II heatsink that was from my phenom II 940.. it sat at 30C idle 43C full load with my big typhoon VX.. but my room temps sits around 18-20C.. so its cooler then the avg room temp and the case has 2x250mm fans and 2x120mm fans on it.. but those temps seem about right for your setup.. the 6400+ is a friggin furnace for a processor..

That temp is more than okay. Please post CPU temps in degrees Celsius from now on -- no one refers to them in Fahrenheit.

109 F = 42 C
126 F = 52 C

Assuming 52 C is your load temp... yes, those are good temps. If it's not, maybe you used too much paste, as the idle is a little high.

Then again, it depends a great deal on what your ambients are.

Back