Question about my Opteron

O-P-M

Gawd
I bought my opteron off of newegg and it said it was a Denmark. CPU/Z though says that its a Toledo. I forgot to look at the core and get the numbers before I put my heatsink on but its a s939 Opteron 170 2.0ghz. Just wondering if this was even a big deal or if cpu/z is just confused.

Most likely newegg is confused. Cpu-z doesnt get core assigning wrong usually. Shouldent be a big deal

Thing is though, is there even a Toledo core opteron? Cause I have the opteron box so wouldn't it have been AMD that would screw it up.

Im guessing Denmarks are Toledos but named different for x2 and Opterons. I just got my Opteron from newegg the other day and it says Toledo also in CPU-Z. I can tell it is definatly an Opteron so Im not worried.

don't be worried. My 170 said the same thing in CPU-Z. It's at 2.8....If it overclocks well, I don't care what CPU- says now.

maybe they are the same core called something different and binned differently????

I dont know. when i got my first x2 3800 E6 it was a toledo with 1/2 the L2 dissabled but CPU-Z read that it was a manchester... then a new update to CPU-Z came out and then it was correct...

maybe its the same problem

Back