Question about multiple layers with HUE/SAT changes

Supchaka

Limp Gawd
I have an image with two different graphics overlapping, they are two separate hue saturation layer adjustments, both using a different selection. The parts that overlap, the colors change and I cant figure out how to make one completely cover the other. Its like opacity doesnt matter, the piece below still shows through. You can DL my .psd to see what I mean, I want the purple jags completely covering the green squigs. I'd like to know how to do it, not just have someone do it for me :)

Click here for PSD

well what seems to be happening is that instead of covering the green squigs, because its not a fill of that color, it just adjusted the hue sat of the green squigs. sooo maybe like select the purpleandfill it with that same texture and color

what pattern did you use?

SCRATCH ALL THAT!

Ctrl click the purple jag layer and then click the green layer once. erase everything so only the green under the purple's selection will be erased

got it?

kia2.jpg

That almost worked! until I noticed that where you removed the selection from the green, it added the inner, outer glow etc to those parts next to the purple... if you know what I mean

i spent another half hour messing around and thats as closeas i canc ome with out llike taking a screenshot or saving as a jpeg and extracting it and copying it with a backglow which i could erase in pars because its a seperate layer

Back