Question about mixing of wireless-n and g devices

Linkngiht

n00b
I would like to get a wireless-n router for my home network. Since there will be some devices using g (like laptops and phones) and some using n, I have decided to buy a simultaneous dual-band router so the speed of the n devices aren't slowed by the connection of the g devices.

I have a desktop PC that uses a wireless receiver since it is too far from for an ethernet and I need to buy an wireless-n receiver. My question is do I need to also get a dual-band receiver for my desktop to avoid having the n speeds slow down when a g device connects or will just a normal n receiver be fine?

Thanks

I wouldn't think it's necessary but if the price diff isn't too far off what you minimally need, I'd get one.

I'm no expert though, wait for another to chime in.

it depends on the wirless adapter you get. N operates in 2.4 and 5GHz bands. You would probably want to get an adapter that is capable of both or 5GHz only.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

The thing is, I can't find any wireless-n adapters that operate only in 5Ghz; it's either both or 2.4Ghz. If you know of any 5Ghz only n-adapters, I'd really appreciate pointing them out to me.

Back