question about letting users create profiles on my site

teck9

Limp Gawd
im working on a general community site for my area. i havent worked out all the features yet but one feature i want is the ability for users to make a free account and be able to upload a couple of their pictures, and have some info about themself, possibly with the possibility of other users being able to leave comments on that users page.

im guessing i will need some kind of php script interacting with a mysql db. anyone have any ideas or know of any premade scripts available for free or some price.

I think PHP Nuke has that ability... but, yes you will need PHP and MySQL (or their counterparts)... it's fairly easy to do if you want to invest a little time into learning PHP/MySQL

Originally posted by redd38
I think PHP Nuke has that ability... but, yes you will need PHP and MySQL (or their counterparts)... it's fairly easy to do if you want to invest a little time into learning PHP/MySQL
i don't know if i'd go as far as to say easy but definately doable with enough time. php nuke is an option to get something up quickly but it is to your benefit to learn as much as possible about php/mysql if you're going to be using them. it may not be necessary to write something completely from scratch (though it might not hurt, just have to test test test it), you just need to have a grasp of what's going on with the script.

fwiw, i found that php nuke had a whole lot of features that i simply didn't need, but that's just my situation

Back