Question about GPU's and a 5th Monitor

Syribo

[H]ard|Gawd
Probably a stupid question. I have a 970 GTX. To that, I have hooked up three 27" screens and a 50".. using all four inputs. If I wanted to have a fifth screen for some reason, would I be able to put in my old 8800GTS and have the screen connected to that? I know my motherboard itself has inputs, but I could have sworn you can't use a dedicated GPU and the onboard? Five screens sounds crazy to some people, though I've seen people with even more than that, but I actually use them all for different things, and it's really convenient (Plus I have a spare 27" that I'm not using.. so why not).

runs2far

Gawd
1st
You are using outputs.

2nd
Just try it, it sounds like you have all the stuff necessary to test it already.
Windows can handle way more than 5 monitors and the limiting factor is often how many monitors each GPU can drive and the 8800GTS should be able to drive 2 monitors.

Intel has added an interconnect in Sandy Bridge and newer CPU models which allows using the on board GPU outputs to drive a monitor while rendering everything on a dedicated GPU, I'm currently doing this with a 6450 and an i5-2400 at my work.
I do not know if your motherboard supports the above feature, but it is possible.

Syribo

[H]ard|Gawd
1st
You are using outputs.

2nd
Just try it, it sounds like you have all the stuff necessary to test it already.
Windows can handle way more than 5 monitors and the limiting factor is often how many monitors each GPU can drive and the 8800GTS should be able to drive 2 monitors.

Intel has added an interconnect in Sandy Bridge and newer CPU models which allows using the on board GPU outputs to drive a monitor while rendering everything on a dedicated GPU, I'm currently doing this with a 6450 and an i5-2400 at my work.
I do not know if your motherboard supports the above feature, but it is possible.

Oh I'm a dumbass, of course I meant outputs haha. I'm sick and my brain is mush.. or I'm just a dumbass.

I remember the day when I thought all I needed was two monitors.. then three... then four.... I wouldn't spend any extra money on getting a fifth screen, it's a bit overkill, but since I have it already.. why not ;) Thanks for the advice!

runs2far

Gawd
I'm on 2 monitors at the moment, begging for a 3rd, and I know what I want once I get that 3rd monitor :)