Question about ESRB ratings (COD4)

greenhorn1

Limp Gawd
Is there a website that reviews game content for parents? I know there's some sites out there like that for movies. My son wants COD4 for x-mas and he's only 10. I don't have a problem with the violence from what I saw in the demo level but I don't know about language and stuff in the full game and was wondering why exactly it got an M rating.

Is there a website that reviews game content for parents? I know there's some sites out there like that for movies. My son wants COD4 for x-mas and he's only 10. I don't have a problem with the violence from what I saw in the demo level but I don't know about language and stuff in the full game and was wondering why exactly it got an M rating.

There's a little bit of cursing, but not really any more than you get on prime-time TV these days.

The M rating comes from some very graphic depictions of violence. There are a few very realistic cinematic cutscene-style presentations depicting executions, gunshots to the head, etc.

It depends on the kid. I have a 10 year old nephew, and I know he'd be fine with it. It would have been OK for me at 10. I do know a few other 10 year olds that might not be OK with it, though.

ahh i didn't think about cutscenes. i think he'd be fine with that especially if i talk with him about it first and explain the kind of content that's in the game. thanks for the info.

ding ding ding. If more people thought like you and actually sat down and discussed what was going on we wouldnt have all of the Jack Thompsons of the world freaking out over every little thing. I salute sir for having common sense :D

but on to your question. there are a few parts that are a little intense(execution and nuclear bombs going off), If he is mature enough I think he could handle it.

Yeah the cursing isn't prolific at all. Way less than most PG-13 movies I'd say.

There's a good bit of violence, as others said, including the afore mentioned cut scenes. Other than about 2 or 3 moments in cut scenes it isn't really any worse than the demo in terms of violence.

Back