Question about Digital Copies

VladDracule

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all,

Personally, I'm not a fan of digital services. Especially when EA with origin can drop support for games meaning you cant re download it at a future date.

Even with Steam everything is managed through Steam, which i ABSOLUTELY hate. I would rather just be able to purchase a digital copy, and save the .exe that way when i change computers or reload one i can simply re run the executable. Especially now when broadband providers are introducing data caps, i hate having to DL a 20 GB file anytime i want to reinstall a game.

I preordered FFXIV on amazon, am i going to get a .exe or is it going to be some other crap installation service like steam?

You'll get the full download from Amazon. You will also most likely get a CD Key that you could use with Steam if you wish. The only way it will require Steam is if it's a Steamworks title.

Since it is an MMO. More than likely what you will get from Amazon is an exe for the launcher and the launcher will download the game then.

With Steam you can back up the games folder and restore or copy it to another computer as needed and you'll have your entire library ready to go with no downloading necessary.

Back