Question about devices connected to a wireless bridge

savoirfaire

Limp Gawd
I just got an HDHomeRun Prime to serve up live cable broadcasts to my AppleTV. Since it is an MPEG1 stream it requires a lot of bandwidth so I connected both devices to a WD My Net AC Wireless Bridge which has gigabit Ethernet. I’m assuming data from the HDHomeRun to the AppleTV will go through the wired connections only rather than to the bridge, wireless through the router, wirelessly back to the bridge, and then to the AppleTV correct?

I just got an HDHomeRun Prime to serve up live cable broadcasts to my AppleTV. Since it is an MPEG1 stream it requires a lot of bandwidth so I connected both devices to a WD My Net AC Wireless Bridge which has gigabit Ethernet. I’m assuming data from the HDHomeRun to the AppleTV will go through the wired connections only rather than to the bridge, wireless through the router, wirelessly back to the bridge, and then to the AppleTV correct?

Sounds like you connected them wirelessly.

Confused as well - is there a physical CAT5/6 cable connecting the two devices?

Sounds like you connected them wirelessly.

Confused as well - is there a physical CAT5/6 cable connecting the two devices?

Sorry, I'll try to clarify. The HDHomeRun is connected to the bridge with a Cat 5e cable. The AppleTV is also connected to the bridge with a Cat 5e cable. The bridge connects wirelessly to my AC router.

If the HDHomeRun isn't connected via wifi, then it should use the wired connection. It doesn't care where the connection goes from it's port, and if the bridge is set up correctly, no other device should care either as it will be transparent to the network devices.

Back