question about dell warranty...

Hi all,
I am looking into buying another laptop, and found a decent deal on a 600m from someone. I got the service tag to look up the warranty on the dell site, and was given this as the status-

System Type: Inspiron 600m
Ship Date: 3/17/2005
Dell IBU: Americas

Description Provider Start Date End Date Days Left

Technical Support - Phone Assistance -- 2/11/2006 2/11/2008 730
Next Business Day, Includes Nights/Weekends -- 2/11/2005 2/11/2006 223
Technical Support - Phone Assistance -- 2/11/2005 2/11/2006 223
Next Business Day, Includes Nights/Weekends -- 2/11/2006 2/11/2008 730

my question is this - does "Next Business Day, Includes Nights/Weekends" mean that the hardware is still under warranty, or is it referring to the phone tech assistance or what? I have another 600m under warranty that doesn't have any of these descriptions, so I'm in the dark. I was hoping that someone else would know what their warranty was and would have the same description and could tell me or just be smarter than me.

Thanks.

Next Business day means that all hardware fixes are done on site on the next business day. So by the look of things you got NBD on-site warranty till 2008.

Next Business Day does -NOT- enclude nights and week-ends a business day is just that. Mon-Fri 9am-5pm

it's like shipping if you get next business day shipping on an item and it ship on Firday, you would not get it till Monday. Sat and Sun being non business days.

yeah, I don't know why Dell offers people those warranties that claim to have techs come out on Sat and Sun. I sure as HELL don't work Saturdays and Dell doesn't pay for Saturday delivery on warranty parts anyway. I try not to work past 5, but I will make exceptions for customers that otherwise can't be home or with their machine.

Setting your own hours kicks ass. I ended up working a total of an hour and fifteen minutes on Friday and made $64.

the way i understood the nights weekends thing was the part will be delivered to you during the day but you could sced the tech to come out anytime that was good for you so you didn;t have to take a day off work or something to get it fixed

for a bunch of the stuff bought through the home portal of the dell website it forces you to get this upgraded service to get the 3 year warrenty

Back