Question about cutting some wires.

iha

Limp Gawd
Ok my brother has a raidmax scorpio case. He accidently broke off the door on the front, and he wants to just take it all the way off. But to do that he's have to cut some wires.. it appears that all the wires go to are the LED lights on the front.... would cutting these wires mess up anything? http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage...39-03.JPG/11-156-139-05.JPG/11-156-139-02.JPG

I mean, I know the LED's wouldn't work, but he doesn't care about that.

you can see where he's thinking about cutting on this picture:
11-156-139-08.JPG

the wires from the comp to the door. We took apart the front thing and saw that all the wires connect to are the led's

No, just make sure to wrap terminate the ends with wire tape or shrink wrap so they dont groundout on something metal.

I have that raidmax scorpio case, in black. That door is eventually gonna fall or break off, piece of junk. Its my only complaint about the case but yeah, as stated above, Just cap the wire ends and ur good to go.

that looks like an antec/chieftec cut in 1/2 horizontally :p

Based on the fact that I don't see the LEDs anywhere else, it looks like those are the power and activity LEDs. You should be able to take the entire wire and pull it out. Just take off the entire front of the case and it should be clear how. That way it will be easy to put back if you ever think of any reason you would want them back. Also, you won't have wires needlessly wandering inside your case ;)

i would say just take the whole case and poke at it with a hot soldering iron. no offense but that case is a piece. i have seen one beore and when i touched it i broke it. but ya just put some electrial tape over the end of the wires

speedracer089 said:
i would say just take the whole case and poke at it with a hot soldering iron. no offense but that case is a piece. i have seen one beore and when i touched it i broke it. but ya just put some electrial tape over the end of the wires

no actually the case is pretty good imo. i have 2 and they both have been fine. the only reason the door broke on this one is b/c my brother's computer sits on the greand almost and his knees are about at the same level as the door. he spun around in his comp. chair and broke it off. .. would have pretty much broken any door off. My case like that has worked fine for the 8 months i've had it.

133 said:
that looks like an antec/chieftec cut in 1/2 horizontally :p

.. well it's a midtower. they have full atx cases that are just as tall as the antec/chieftec you speak of.

11-156-150-01.JPG

I dunno man, the door on my Thermaltake Xaser III is pretty sturdy. I've hit it hard plenty of times. My guess is that if your brother hit his knee on this door, the door would win.Oh yeah, usually you knee doesn't catch the door if you keep the door shut :cool:

I have that taller version, but in black. The locking mechanism for the door is a POS, but I like the case overall. The top usb, firewire, sound/mic ports are pretty handy too...cause I keep it on the floor, for now.

yes it is ok to cut them, make sure you wrap each wire individual or it would be a mess. once they are wraped then you can wrap them together

Ok... how come you don't just disconnect the wires from the mobo? you'd be 100% safe, no worries then about cutting or ripping the wires right out of the case if you wish.

Also if he was into it he maybe could drill a hole in a floppy plate (in case he messes up on it, it can be replaced easily) and just mount his LEDs in there. Then he won't be missing out on the LEDs and he won't have the door on the case to worry about anymore.

i tried pulling them out of the mobo, but i think they are connected to other things that cant be taken out. or something.. i remember there was some reason i couldn't just pull them out. i'll take one last look before I cut to make sure :)

Yay I got it off w/ out having to cut. I don't suppose there's anyway to get a replacement door? :)

Back