Question about clock fluctuating on Rtx 2080 Ti.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello.
I have a question. I am using Rtx 2080 Ti Waterforce and 9900K and Corsair 850RmX. ALL stock,no oc.
Drivers up to date,Windows 10 1903v.

Few days ago ,when i run Fire Strike GPU test 1 on loop, i saw a clock dip from 1980mhz to 1570mhz for 1ms. GPU LOAD not changed,it was 96%. Only gpu clock dip for a 1ms.
I checked in logs,and during that gpu power drop to 58%.

ui1.jpg

I cant reproduce this.

Second.
Yesterday i run TimeSpy looped gpu test 1. Clock during 40 minutes was 1920-1970mhz with random power usage. But one time it dropped to 1800mhz. Is this normal? Screens:

1920mhz:
t1.jpg

And that 1800mhz for 1ms:
t2.jpg

Of course its POWER LIMIT only in this test. So i guess its not faulty somewhere? In games i dont had any once such drops in clock.

I can't tell much of anything from those graph images. Have you tried test with increase power targets? Manual speed of card fans to 80%-100%. If the load does not require high clocks, they will go down as well so could be normal. Information is not clear to me.

I mean that sometimes GPU POWER drop to 50% or 60% or 40% for 1ms from 95% during gpu test 1.Which resulting to stutter. Its very rare. Its not hardware issue?

During 3dmark firestrike normal 1080P, my gpu power usage is 90-105%,fine. But somtimes when i run benchmark durint test i have stutter and in this moment i have drops to 40% or 60% etc power usage only for 1ms. Is this hardware issue or software?

During 3dmark firestrike normal 1080P, my gpu power usage is 90-105%,fine. But somtimes when i run benchmark durint test i have stutter and in this moment i have drops to 40% or 60% etc power usage only for 1ms. Is this hardware issue or software?

It can be both

Is Power Management Mode on 'Prefer Maximum Performance'?

The Power % is meaningless by itself. You have to also examine Power Limit, Voltage Limit, and No Load Limit graphs.

For example, if the driver's power management kicks in, then the No Load Limit will go to 1 which initiates the gpu to downclock to conserve power regardless of what application is running.

Ok i think its ok. I tested Unigine Superposition,Shadow of Tomb Raider,Assassin Creedy Oddysey,Wolfenstein New Blood and finally Control. And not even small issues. So ok its fine now. Thx for replies also.:)

Hey last question!.

Is this possible is my psu faulty or power outlet ? Listen.

I left Assassin Creed Oddysey for overnight ,check in morning gpu clocks and on 6:34 morning just for 1 second,clock dipp from 1995mhz to 1245mhz and power to 38% TDP. For 1ms

When i go sleep character was just standing on the same place in game.

af.jpg

Somebody said:"There's chance that a voltage instability from the PSU caused that. For example, I have a very unstable power outlet, drops to 180ish VACs from 230VAC for a few milliseconds. These kinda stuff happens to me almost every hour."

Is this possible?

Back