Question about cheap wired headsets for PS4

biggles

2[H]4U

What do people think about these cheap headsets? The guy in the video above really likes the Eksa E900. $40 for the 7.1 surround version, $30 for the stereo version. This would be for Call of Duty Warzone and Apex Legends on PS4.

There is an amazing variety of wired headsets on amazon with excellent reviews in the $20-$25 price range. Is the audio quality decent on these models as indicated by the user reviews? How would something like the Eksa compare to my old Turtle Beach Earforce X11?

It is interesting because I looked into using the old X11's on the PS4 and there seems to be a way to do it with an adapter for around $10. But these PS4 headsets are so cheap it might be worth it to just get something new.

I've been using the Eksa E3000 for 8 months now.

They're super comfortable and the audio is great, and they're durable. I've dropped them and the cord has gotten caught on things, one time the cord pulled so hard I figured one of the headphones would have stopped working, but, they still work.

My only gripe is the usb plug for the RGB isn't detachable.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Followup question: I have Audio Technica ATH-AD700 headphones (the funny looking purple ones). Very comfy, old model but supposedly high quality sound. Would it be better to just pair this AD700 up with a microphone vs a cheap headset like the Eksa E900? In other words, I have the impression that the AD700 has superior sound quality vs the E900, is that correct?

Would the following product work to combine the 3.5mm headphone and mic cables in order to plug a single cable into the PS4 controller?
https://www.amazon.com/Kingtop-Adap...01I3A47I4/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

If the AD700 is indeed better, I would just need to get a mic. Would the cheap PS4 included headset work as mic only if plugging it into the Amazon product above?
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Playstation-Mono-Chat-Earbud/dp/B01DCYWI96

Slightly different questions based on some more reading. Which of the 3 options below would folks recommend?

1. Buy modmic $50 and audio adapter $7. Audio Tehnica AD700 headphones and modmic each must plug into this adapter for single 3.5mm to plug into PS4 controller.
https://www.amazon.com/Kingtop-Adap...01I3A47I4/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
pros: best sound quality, cons: cost, unsure if the 2 into 1 adapter will function properly.

2. Buy Eksa e900 pro headset. Or HyperX Stinger Cloud (lots of other cheap options in the $30 price range at Amazon).
pros: cheap (around $35), simple to setup, cons: possibly lower audio quality

3. Plug the PS4 headset included with the console into PS4 controller. Plug AD700 headphones into Yamaha receiver.
pros: free, cons: lower quality mic, AD700 cable has to run across the living room to reach Yamaha receiver.

Last edited:
Back