Question about add on cards for a Cisco 2610 router

erehwon6811

Limp Gawd
I picked up a Cisco 2610 router a month ago from a garage sale. With the help of someone on this board, I was able to reset the password. I haven't really messed with it since. I'm wanting to get back around to setting that up and playing around with it. I noticed that it only has one ethernet and one serial interface. Do you guys know if there are any ethernet or fast ethernet cards I could put into this thing? I've tried searching Cisco's site for information without much luck.

I am interested in this as well. I am looking at some Cisco 2600 series routers, which only have one ethernet port (according to the e-bay listing). I would want to add one more interface (10/100) so that I could use the router with my Cable modem (one port for the WAN the other for the LAN side).

So would we be looking at "LAN Network Modules", as listed in the link you provided?

Thanks for link. What cburwell said is kind of what I'm planning. I looked at some of those cards and they're quite expensive, several times what I paid for the router. I got it for $25. Are there any cheap cards? All I need is another ethernet interface. My hubs that I have to play around with are 10base T. I don't need more than that for just playing around. Finding 10/100 fast ethernet cards for cheap would be nice though.

Fast ethernet ports are only sold in combo NM (network module) slots and not WICs (WAN Interface Cards).

You'd probably want a NM-1FE2W-V2.

You're better off finding a dual fast ethernet router (i.e. 2621, 2651). The 2611 is a dual ethernet (10mb) router. The XM series gets more pricey and is probably unnecessary for your needs.

Thanks for your help. I guess I won't bother looking for one of those cards. It'd be cheaper to buy a 2611 than one of those NM-1FE2W-V2 cards. I'll keep the router around if I want to mess around with programing one.

remember that anything that passes thru your router wont need to be faster than 10baseT anyway.

Back