Question about a new partition and raid 0

madcap magician

Limp Gawd
I'm currently running xp on a 80gig hd. I want to add my second 80 gig hd so I can have a raid 0 configuration. I know now that I have to reinstall windows. My question is, could I save my c: drive as a partition image then reinstall the os from the image after I configure the drives for raid 0. Of course the partition image would be saved on another hard drive. BTW same mobo and same cpu is going to be used. Or should I just forget all that and reinstall windows from scratch.

Originally posted by madcap magician
I'm currently running xp on a 80gig hd. I want to add my second 80 gig hd so I can have a raid 0 configuration. I know now that I have to reinstall windows. My question is, could I save my c: drive as a partition image then reinstall the os from the image after I configure the drives for raid 0. Of course the partition image would be saved on another hard drive. BTW same mobo and same cpu is going to be used. Or should I just forget all that and reinstall windows from scratch.
yes it should be fine..
as long as you aren't making drastic changes to your periphs, you'll be fine..
you might have issues reimaging the image to the new array if you're using sata, but otherwise, it'll be fine.

My understanding, although I'm going off of second hand knowledge here, is that it will not work

Originally posted by Bar81
My understanding, although I'm going off of second hand knowledge here, is that it will not work
well i'm going from first hand experience.
I'd recommend either drive image 2k2 or 7.0..
I've been told that norton ghost, the latest version works very nicely as well.

Originally posted by ciscokid454
well i'm going from first hand experience.
I'd recommend either drive image 2k2 or 7.0..
I've been told that norton ghost, the latest version works very nicely as well.

ooooooooooooooh, you just a bad mamma jamma :D

Back