Question about a Mass Effect mission (spoilers inside)

Commander FAT

2[H]4U
Okay so I just finished the mission where I blew up Saren's research facility with the help of those skinny salarian people.

I ended up punching Wrex in the face and shooting him dead. Is it possible to not kill him? Also, was there any way to save both Alenko and Ashley or did I HAVE to pick one to die? I picked Alenko. I never really liked him. Plus Ashley has the whole tits and ass thing going.

Told you there'd be spoilers.

Yes, you'd have to use either the paragan or regenered (forgot spelling) option to get Wrex back down and not kill him.

As to ashley and Alenko, you HAVE to leave one, yes.

Yeah, the picking the person option was a no brainer. Whoever came up with the line "bros before ho's" isn't getting laid...

Yeah, the picking the person option was a no brainer. Whoever came up with the line "bros before ho's" isn't getting laid...

Alenko ant no bro. He just whines alot.

Also I just realized, in that last reformat I did I nuked my mass saves... damn.

But yeah, you can save wrex, you just need some additional paragon or renegade points to do so. And you definately want to save him because hes Wrex, he plays a kind've important role in mass 2 and if you let him die in mass 1 you basically get a game that asks you over and over "why the f*ck did you kill wrex?"

Hehe. Wrex was my "go to guy" in ME1. Grunt in ME2 just wasn't the same. Wrex had some of the best lines in the game. That honor goes to the salarian doctors (can't remember his damn name) in ME2.

Hehe. Wrex was my "go to guy" in ME1. Grunt in ME2 just wasn't the same. Wrex had some of the best lines in the game. That honor goes to the salarian doctors (can't remember his damn name) in ME2.

Mordin?

"Can't talk. Trying to discern source of disease outbreak on ship. Is a Vorcha-transmitted STD. *short intake of breath* Implications... unpleasant."

Yes, you'd have to use either the paragan or regenered (forgot spelling) option to get Wrex back down and not kill him.

As to ashley and Alenko, you HAVE to leave one, yes.

In addition to a high paragon and renegade score, I think you can convince him just by the fact that you did his family armour mission.

If you're about to use your ME1 playthrough as the save for ME2. There's a savegame editor that let's you flag wrex as alive. It's a ME2 editor, so I'm not sure if you have to have a ME2 playthrough first.

Alenko ant no bro. He just whines alot.

Also I just realized, in that last reformat I did I nuked my mass saves... damn.

But yeah, you can save wrex, you just need some additional paragon or renegade points to do so. And you definately want to save him because hes Wrex, he plays a kind've important role in mass 2 and if you let him die in mass 1 you basically get a game that asks you over and over "why the f*ck did you kill wrex?"

If by important role you mean "entirely replaceable" then yeah.

Bringing Mordin and Grunt on missions in ME2 is grounds for some funny dialog all the time.

I think ive chosen to keep ashly alive in every one of my 4+ runs throughs of ME. I had enough of that whiney voice actor in KOTOR (carth), and he is just as usless and annoying in ME.

I think ive chosen to keep ashly alive in every one of my 4+ runs throughs of ME. I had enough of that whiney voice actor in KOTOR (carth), and he is just as usless and annoying in ME.

lol, they do seem like the same character ingame.

Bringing Mordin and Grunt on missions in ME2 is grounds for some funny dialog all the time.

I should take Grunt on Mordin's loyalty mission. Some good stuff there?

I believe you can also short circuit the need for high renegade/paragon if you've done his family armor mission.

I keep meaning to do a ME1+2 run as a Renegade but haven't found the time. Both games are great (though the extra polish in 2 definitely shows).

I'll take one over two any day of the week. Two feels less like a developed world and more like a series of vignettes...plus I didn't like spending most of the game recruiting people, or the fact that there were fewer missions (and shorter ones at that).

I should take Grunt on Mordin's loyalty mission. Some good stuff there?

Yeah there is funny stuff that is said. I didn't take Mordin much on first 2 play throughs but I am going through on Insanity at the moment and he is good to bring along since a lot of enemies have armor and Grunt is a nice meat shield.

Yeah there is funny stuff that is said. I didn't take Mordin much on first 2 play throughs but I am going through on Insanity at the moment and he is good to bring along since a lot of enemies have armor and Grunt is a nice meat shield.

The OP's post having been answered, I'd like to comment-

Insanity in ME2 is just plain cool. It makes you play the game. And while I agree that the story is comparatively truncated, consisting mostly of companion character retrieval and loyalty missions, the gameplay itself is much improved, and is very well balanced.

Just think of it this way- ME2, unlike ME1, is a blast to play. Not saying the first one is bad, and its rewarding story smooths over some of the game mechanic issues, but BioWare made the second installment so smooth as to be worth playing completely aside from its story. Crank it up to Hardcore/Insanity where everything has protection that must be stripped for your fun biotics to be of any use, and now you have a real tactical RPG/shooter.

I will say though, from a story perspective, using a savegame from the first in the second is definitely worth it. I've played the second to the end using multiple virgin and imported characters, and experiences from the first one combined with the little extra details scattered throughout the second one really enrich the experience. Based on my observations, Mass Effect 3 may have some very large elements left out from the default choices made for you in the second game; it feels kind of like the whole 'gather your army' thing in Dragon Age, except that it will span three games.

To question wether you should do any of the loyalty missions, you would be wasting alot of time if you didn't. I couldn't complete the loyalty mission for that blue chick and in the final fights because of her I lost a few characters.

Did anyone manage to get her daughter to follow you on the first time? I was getting in good with her and then all of a sudden "i'm leaving.."

To question wether you should do any of the loyalty missions, you would be wasting alot of time if you didn't. I couldn't complete the loyalty mission for that blue chick and in the final fights because of her I lost a few characters.

Did anyone manage to get her daughter to follow you on the first time? I was getting in good with her and then all of a sudden "i'm leaving.."

If you listen to the mother of the girl she killed, and look at all of the girl's stuff, you get all of the right answers for the conversation. I didn't get it the first time either.

Also, your character choices for particular jobs have a huge effect- you didn't have to use her for the single one she was good at, Jack works just as well (provided you have her loyalty).

I didn't have Tali's loyalty at the end of one run, nor Miranda's after another, both due to not having the proper Paragon/Renegade level necessary for persuasion, after completing both's loyalty quests. I still have four runs of successive higher difficulty, highest on Insanity, with everyone alive, including the two DLC characters.

Was not expecting Mass Effect 2 spoilers as well towards the end of the page :(

I agree me 2 is more polished, but me 1 has a better story. I didn't realize it until the game ended though, because the ending of me 2 isnt really an ending...i didnt feel accomplished. I was like. oh, the game ended?

I picked up that big arse sniper rifle when I came to "the stash". Man that thing totally ripped that last dude. Shot him right in the eye!

I picked up that big arse sniper rifle when I came to "the stash". Man that thing totally ripped that last dude. Shot him right in the eye!

The M-920 is fun to use on that guy, saved my ass when I got there on Insanity.

This Miranda bitch...sometimes she's way hot, then other times she reminds me of that creepy Brian Peppers guy.

What stash? We talking ME1 or two??

As for Ash vs Kaiden, I always let Kaiden die...he annoyed the hell out of me....wish Ash had more of a role in ME2, but oh well. That's for ME3, I guess.

As for ME2, some of Miranda's animations blow...namely, her walking. Her legs look bowed...it's actually pretty sad looking at times. Oh well...awesome game nonetheless, and I'm glad to see Dragon Age going to your main character talking as well.

What stash? We talking ME1 or two??

Think he means two, on the collector ship. Upgraded sniper rifles are the best way to take care of Scions too- unless you're a soldier (which is like setting the game on easy regardless of selected difficulty).

If you listen to the mother of the girl she killed, and look at all of the girl's stuff, you get all of the right answers for the conversation. I didn't get it the first time either.

Also, your character choices for particular jobs have a huge effect- you didn't have to use her for the single one she was good at, Jack works just as well (provided you have her loyalty).

I didn't have Tali's loyalty at the end of one run, nor Miranda's after another, both due to not having the proper Paragon/Renegade level necessary for persuasion, after completing both's loyalty quests. I still have four runs of successive higher difficulty, highest on Insanity, with everyone alive, including the two DLC characters.

They came out with a chart that showed you who to assign and who you HAD to have loyalty with to come out with no casualties, I came out with 2, I'm not crying about it at all.

Another thing is, upgrade your ship, it doesn't do anything to complete a mission but you'll want it (trust me)

Back