Question about a future upgrade from an X5672 to ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 88301
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88301

Hi all.

After bending pins on a replacement motherboard, twice, I have a pretty nice system, in my opinion at least:

Dell Precision T3500
X5672
8 GB DDR3
SSD/HDD
GTX 750 Ti SC 2 GB
SB Audigy FX, had to get it from NewEgg because the most recent MoBo I got from eBay had broken integrated audio.

Everything is finally working perfectly, I am thrilled. Several members of the {H} have helped me a lot. Many thanks to them. Many, many thanks to them.

Just a question, now that I finally know what I'm doing, and won't be bending pins, what is the "best" cpu that the T3500 MoBo will accept? I have no reason to upgrade the cpu, just curious. I've Googled but can't find any definitive list.

Thanks!

Happy Holidays, All!

PS:
I have a seasonal job: Driver for the Salvation Army. I rang the bell last year, but it killed my back, old USAF moans and groans. So this year I drive the bell ringers to their spots, well, I'm sure it's boring to 99% of you. The SA is a good cause, regardless of your religious inclinations.

Wyo

best you can put in that mobo for a reasonable cheap price is an hexa core Xeon X5650 - X5670 and overclock the hell out of it. you can probably do easily 4ghz - 4.2ghz and that will be a decent chip even for modern day standards..

best you can put in that mobo for a reasonable cheap price is an hexa core Xeon X5650 - X5670 and overclock the hell out of it. you can probably do easily 4ghz - 4.2ghz and that will be a decent chip even for modern day standards..
No OC on a Dell mobo.

I'm not sure the T3500 can support 130w processors. So single threaded, I think you might be as good as you get. If it does take 130w chips, then you can get into the highest end 1366 hex cores and gain alittle more single thread, but alot more multi.

Wow, X5690's are expensive on eBay. Oh well.

Back