question about a connector on an old board i have (it takes RDRAM) please check this.

Ziggy!talon

Limp Gawd
ok, so i've had this PC laying in my parts pile for a long time, and i wanna get it running for my mother so she'll have a decent computer that can run win2k, or maybe even XP Pro...right now she uses a Duron 750 machine with 256 megs of ram, and runs win98se...

well here's a pic of the mobo, and there's connector on it that i just can seem to find a power supply that has said connector....

if anyone even knows the pinout for the connector even i could wire up my own harness... it should be a decent system if i can get a power supply for it....

it's got a willy 1.3 P4, 512MB RDRAM 800mhz, and i'll throw an 80GB HD i have laying around, and a CDROM and burner....

it's labled right above it CPU_POWER so im guessing it's the 12 volt connector to power the CPU, i've checked around everywhere i can think of and not a single place carries a PSU with that connector.

moboold.jpg

Is it out of a dell computer? Might have been a proprietary PSU. I think you'd have to get some more info off of the motherboard like the model number to find the pin-out.

Yup, proprietary psu, I wonder if they have any 4-pin adapters for that so you could use a modern psu.

Personally, I'd sell the Rambus memory and get whole new parts with the profits ;). You can probably get a decently cheap used system for less than you'd spend on a replacement PSU (if you can even find one).

I think it's the weird aux connector found on older PSU's. usually had orange wires running to it.

Well, since I cannot see your image, and someone said it is AUX, just so you know I just had a RDRAM board and the AUX connection is not needed at all

Personally, I'd sell the Rambus memory and get whole new parts with the profits ;). You can probably get a decently cheap used system for less than you'd spend on a replacement PSU (if you can even find one).

Damn, you stole my second idea ^_^

Well, since I cannot see your image, and someone said it is AUX, just so you know I just had a RDRAM board and the AUX connection is not needed at all

it says CPU_POWER right above the connector, and no it wont work without it, fans spin up, HD spins up, lights come on, but no post..and i know the CPU is good....

how much you think that RAMBUS is worth? i have 2 256MB 800mhz sticks.

Back