Quantum3D Obsidian2 - S12MB - 3DFX Voodoo2 (RARE) Retail BOX (PCI Version)

erek

[H]F Junkie
https://www.ebay.com/itm/373869561748?hash=item570c5cc794:g:xQYAAOSw60th3wKV

1642094451512.png

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow now that is a blast from the past! I remember seeing these on shelves of my local Best Buy, CompUSA, and various independent computer shops.
Quantum3D was *THE* brand to have, back in the day.
Had a buddy that went to work for them sometime between 98-99 then moved back about a year later when 3Dfx squeezed a deuce and got bought by nVidia in 00.
Loved my Voodoo Rush and Voodoo2 cards!

Reactions: erek
like this
so this has its own 2D gpu built in no need for passthrough cable? I ran normal voodoo 2's back in the day and don't even remember anything like this! interesting.

so this has its own 2D gpu built in no need for passthrough cable? I ran normal voodoo 2's back in the day and don't even remember anything like this! interesting.
Not that I know of - this is a 12MB Voodoo2 in a 4MB framebuffer/8MB texture RAM configuration, but features more flexible video output options and Quantum3D's solid reputation for quality. There's a link here with some more info.

like this
Back when I was looking into some voodoo2's I came across these. They were all over eBay. And the bricks when you put 4 together with that adapter card. I should have bought them back then, as their price is tenfold now.

like this
Not that I know of - this is a 12MB Voodoo2 in a 4MB framebuffer/8MB texture RAM configuration, but features more flexible video output options and Quantum3D's solid reputation for quality. There's a link here with some more info.

So where is the connector for the pass through cable?

like this
So where is the connector for the pass through cable?
The SLI connector is at the left-hand corner of the PCB, especially visible in this pic. The VGA passthrough was just a short cable connecting the 2D card to the Voodoo so it could take over control of the signal when it was engaged.
1642193548981.jpeg

like this
I wasnt asking about sli. Most voodoo 2 have 2 vga ports, one for output to monitor and one for passthrou of 2d from your 2d vidya. This card has only one vga so maybe one of the two svideo ports is for the passthrough?

I assume the 2D VGA loop in would be the 8-pin miniDIN next to the composite video. That's just enough for a barebones VGA signal thru a D-sub dongle. Are there pics out there of the accessories that came with those cards?

edit: from the eBay listing. Bingo

Screenshot_20220114-164326-062.png

my friend still has one of those crazy single board SLI voodoo 2 things from obsidion. is it worth something?

like this
my friend still has one of those crazy single board SLI voodoo 2 things from obsidion. is it worth something?
Bigbacon would he be willing sell it for a reasonable price? does money talk? everything has it's price, right?

Wow, I had no idea that regular Voodoo 2 were selling for so much! (not the one in the listing above....some are even more $ than it). I have a mint pair of Voodoo 2 in a box 10 feet from me.

If they rotated that logo 45* and moved it a little down, they would have sold even more cards...
Said it before and I will say it again. Why did I not keep my X-24
Don't feel bad. V2s were selling for $200 - $300, back in '97. That was 25 years ago. This one probably sold at the high end. With compound interest/inflation, you would be doing better than keeping those cards for this long.

Back