Quantum Break runs at a Amazing 720P

To be fair, you talk about progression but all you have is 720p at 30FPs as if that is a arbitrarily bad thing. All you have to do is look at the graphics in Quantum Break and try to find a Xbox 360 or PS4 game that looks anywhere near that good. You won't find it. Just because 720p and 30fps is there doesn't mean there hasn't been any progress. Sure it's 720p @ 30FPS, but they could do a lot more with it than they could 10 years ago.

Uncharted 4?

Or you know...maybe I'm not blind and can easily tell when a game is rendered at 720p opposed to a higher resolution even on a TV? :meh:

Just because YOU can't tell the difference doesn't mean that many others can't either.

I can tell the difference if I sit 2 ft away my TV and look for Jaggies and all that, but I don't plan to do that when I'm trying to enjoy a gaming experience. Higher res is only important to me on a PC monitor where I'm actually right in front of it. I mean, CS:GO, Dota, D3 on pc all can run at higher res. Does it mean they look better than QB? Stop looking for numbers and enjoy what's in front of you. It's like, if the girl has a pretty face, but her body is not perfect, you wouldn't date her.. lol. Which might be your preference, I'm just saying that I'll take a pretty face over a perfect body anyday.

I bet those guys still rocking a native 720p display are laughing at us 1080p early adopters.

Woe is thee, thine early adopters for my refusal to purchaseth a new televisory screen until mine breaks has beaten thee out.

Bwahaha.

But seriously, I'm just cheap but PS4 really do run at a better framerate on a 720p set. I don't have a Xbox One but I assume the same is probably true.

Woe is thee, thine early adopters for my refusal to purchaseth a new televisory screen until mine breaks has beaten thee out.

Bwahaha.

But seriously, I'm just cheap but PS4 really do run at a better framerate on a 720p set. I don't have a Xbox One but I assume the same is probably true.

There is no difference in framerate if you play at 1080p or 720p or 4K. If a game is natively rendered at 1080p then it is still rendered at 1080p if a 720p display is connected; it just downscales to 720p which does not affect performance at all in a positive or negative way.

Actually some games do change the target render resolution according to the display, at least in the last generation. Among the most notable Grand Turismo on the PS3. I haven't bothered to look if that is the case this generation or not tbh.

Played some more and the gameplay is pretty dope but the blur is strong in this one. Annoying me to bits. Upscaling image to 4K is not helping either. :rolleyes:

meanwhile PC gamers are asking "what's 720p?"

So I am at Act 4 and not feeling the game anymore. Seems to have thrown all their tricks out. Live action scenes are so bad and full of cheese. I also don't see the reason to have them. Couldn't care less about side stories.

Need to finish this up and trade in the game.

Back