Quantum Break Coming To Xbox One And Windows 10

I think this is a smart move on Microsoft's part. I am way more interested in Quantum Break now that it is coming to Windows 10 as well as the Xbox One.

Agreed. Indeed this was kind of out of nowhere. An Xbox exclusive that's now being offered for free as well on Windows 10, the first DX 12 title available only through the Windows Store. One may not like exclusives and tying to a specific platform but that is good marketing.

can the PC code be transferred to any user?...meaning can a person sell or give away the Windows code?

the PC specs are so much higher then the Xbone specs so 'giving away' the Windows code seems disingenuous as most Xbox players won't be able to play the game anyway and if they did then what are they doing owning a console?...just seems like another push/tactic by MS to get people to switch to Windows 10

so where getting quantum break, killer instinct and gears of war ultimate, microsoft fiinaly doing something smart for once instead of delaying pc ports for years, must be because xbox one is selling so shity compared to PS4. I bet if xbox one was the dominate console these games would never see the light of day

can the PC code be transferred to any user?...meaning can a person sell or give away the Windows code?

The code is independent of the game, so yes.

the PC specs are so much higher then the Xbone specs so 'giving away' the Windows code seems disingenuous as most Xbox players won't be able to play the game anyway and if they did then what are they doing owning a console?...just seems like another push/tactic by MS to get people to switch to Windows 10

What? I never get this argument. People go and spend $600 on a GPU and then someone complains when that GPU is recommended?

What? I never get this argument. People go and spend $600 on a GPU and then someone complains when that GPU is recommended?

where did I complain about the 980Ti being the recommended spec?...I'm saying the game doesn't match up the same from a hardware standpoint on Xbox vs PC so MS 'giving away' the game free to Xbox users seems disingenuous because if someone had a 980Ti then what would they be doing playing the game on console?

where did I complain about the 980Ti being the recommended spec?...I'm saying the game doesn't match up the same from a hardware standpoint on Xbox vs PC so MS 'giving away' the game free to Xbox users seems disingenuous because if someone had a 980Ti then what would they be doing playing the game on console?

Actually the game is being given away for Windows 10 and the minimum spec is well below a 980Ti.

Quantum-Break-WIndows-10.jpg

Yeah those recommended requirements are most likely not for the power required, but the supported features of Dx12 since to my knowledge only these two cards are (almost?) completely DX12 compliant.

Only Windows 10? So is it now considered its own gaming platform? PS4, XBOX, Windows, Windows 10? Oh yeah and Wii.

So for anyway brave enough for Windows 10... Is this only available if you have telemetry and privacy invasion turned ON? :D

Only Windows 10? So is it now considered its own gaming platform? PS4, XBOX, Windows, Windows 10? Oh yeah and Wii.

So for anyway brave enough for Windows 10... Is this only available if you have telemetry and privacy invasion turned ON? :D
I know you're being snarky, but this game is running on DX12 which is W10 only. Whether it is simply being used as a platform lockout or not remains to be seen.

I know you're being snarky, but this game is running on DX12 which is W10 only. Whether it is simply being used as a platform lockout or not remains to be seen.

So this is a DX12-only game? Can't run on DX11? Hmm

Windows 7 will be 7 years old this year and Windows 8.x wasn't very popular. By the time this game comes out, Windows 10 x64 will likely be the #1 gaming OS is Steam's survey is correct and current trends continue.

So this is a DX12-only game? Can't run on DX11? Hmm

This day was coming. I think a lot of anti-Windows 10 folks thought DX 12 only games were some distant thing and while this is only one game there will be others, some coming sooner rather than later.

This day was coming. I think a lot of anti-Windows 10 folks thought DX 12 only games were some distant thing and while this is only one game there will be others, some coming sooner rather than later.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone soon 'patches' this game to run on DX11 by hacking some configuration files that now prevent it from running DX11 lol.

It's a pure marketing stunt from MS.

I guess the game companies will lose out on mine and a lot of others' money. Stupid move on their part. Nobody in my family I talk to wants to upgrade to Windows 10. And I didn't say anything to them. I have since disabled Windows Update on all of their computers to make sure it isn't forced on them - and removed and blocked GWX.exe or whatever it is. C'est la vie. :(

I have several games for both PC and console. I've played on either many times. Depends on who I'm playing with (Xbox Live vs. PC players), how I want to play, etc.. Could just be the mood I'm in to play on the console vs. PC.

This game is way too schizophrenic for me.

Oh well, maybe we will see more soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone soon 'patches' this game to run on DX11 by hacking some configuration files that now prevent it from running DX11 lol.

It's a pure marketing stunt from MS.

It's not about DX12, it's a universal app like Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Universal apps won't run on Windows 7 because it's missing all the system files.
I can see someone hacking it to work on Windows 8, but not 7.

I found this intriguing and can't wait to see moar about it. I would haft to get at least one machine here up to win 10 just for this.

Windows 7 will be 7 years old this year and Windows 8.x wasn't very popular. By the time this game comes out, Windows 10 x64 will likely be the #1 gaming OS is Steam's survey is correct and current trends continue.
That's nice and all, but what I mean is whether or not the game is going to leverage the new technology that DX12 offers instead of just locking out potential users. If it's the former, I'm fine with that. But Microsoft has done the latter before with Halo 2.

Well, I won't be picking it up if it's only available through the Windows store for the same reason I don't use Origina, Uplay, etc. I want my games in Steam, because that's where they all are already. Too bad, because the game looks kinda cool. I have Windows 10, but I'm not using the store...

So a gtx 760 is equivalent to a 260x now? wasn't a 760 roughly equal to a gtx670 which went head to head with a 7950/280 on launch? crazy how the tables have flipped, RIP Kepler.

That's nice and all, but what I mean is whether or not the game is going to leverage the new technology that DX12 offers instead of just locking out potential users. If it's the former, I'm fine with that. But Microsoft has done the latter before with Halo 2.

This is a reasonable way to look at it. Not knowing anything about this game maybe you're correct. But it looks like it's a DX 12 game that was written as a universal app targeted for Windows 10 on the Xbone and PC. There's a good deal of mew tech on that platform to leverage that simply isn't in prior versions of Windows.

In theory, any code that's targeted only at specific platforms is "lockout". One could always go and retrofit code to do whatever. But there is a cost to that in constant backwards compatibility support and that's not free. The truth is that if everyone had there way pretty much every feature in Windows would never go away, everything would be there for all times and everything would be completely configurable to whatever settings and support have ever existed.

That's just not possible. 100% backwards compatibility and support for everything ever done while adding new features. You have to pick and chose and prioritize.

Back