Quantic Dream titles including Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human coming to PC

Tried all three games, couldn't get over the shit controls in Beyond Two Souls, and got bored with Heavy Rain when they wouldn't let me leave a rain-soaked field in the middle of the night. I'm not a fucking professional Police Officer, but they apparently wanted me to find a needle in a haystack. There ere no remaining trails of evidence to follow, so I was clueless at that point.

I have played Fahrenheit previously, and it's more of the same " Marginal story game with terrible quick-time , repetitive button pressing controls." I'm not a perfectionist, and I'm not going to cheat sheet my way through the opening murder escape scene in this fucking game, but When you miss yet-another tiny fucking detail, because I'm not a murderer, then had to startover , I got tired of this shit.

I get the impression that console owners are stuck with games like these, and rather than acknowledge the shit-eating truth, they would rather pretend this bag is filled with delicious cake, and keep paying for unending sequels. I mean, that's how we ended-up with the Universally-acknowledged trainweck that is Detroit, right?

Or are all these PS owners just Wannabe Popo?

Reviews weren't that great for this game. Probably because it isn't that great. Wasn't impressed with the last two either, but still want to give this one a try. Probably a reason why Sony was willing to sell the IPs back to Quantic Dream. Seems like they were not putting out superb games anymore.

Tried all three games, couldn't get over the shit controls in Beyond Two Souls, and got bored with Heavy Rain when they wouldn't let me leave a rain-soaked field in the middle of the night. I'm not a fucking professional Police Officer, but they apparently wanted me to find a needle in a haystack. There ere no remaining trails of evidence to follow, so I was clueless at that point.

I have played Fahrenheit previously, and it's more of the same " Marginal story game with terrible quick-time , repetitive button pressing controls." I'm not a perfectionist, and I'm not going to cheat sheet my way through the opening murder escape scene in this fucking game, but When you miss yet-another tiny fucking detail, because I'm not a murderer, then had to startover , I got tired of this shit.

I get the impression that console owners are stuck with games like these, and rather than acknowledge the shit-eating truth, they would rather pretend this bag is filled with delicious cake, and keep paying for unending sequels. I mean, that's how we ended-up with the Universally-acknowledged trainweck that is Detroit, right?

Or are all these PS owners just Wannabe Popo?

They've always been somewhat of a niche/specialty game type, well at least to the crowd that'll likely frequent hardocp. They're just modern takes on the old style adventure games which were also often bogged down by pixel hunting a "needle in a haystack."

I mean for every one of these sequels there's what a dozen Soul's, CoD, GTA and Uncharted analogues? Most "hardcore" console owners gravitate to the those types of games over these as well.

Out today on Steam, and ironically these versions do not come with Denuvo DRM unlike the EGS versions.

Completed Beyond Two Souls today. Other than the occasional wonky camera/controls it was a fairly enjoyable experience throughout. The game unfolded in a non-chronological order by recalling important moments in the primary character's life, and it worked pretty well.

It's certainly not a game everyone will enjoy as it's a typical David Cage game where the cinematic story is more prominent than the gameplay (which has many QTEs). But for those who enjoyed similar games (like Heavy Rain) then this would be right up their alley.

Completed Beyond Two Souls today. Other than the occasional wonky camera/controls it was a fairly enjoyable experience throughout. The game unfolded in a non-chronological order by recalling important moments in the primary character's life, and it worked pretty well.

It's certainly not a game everyone will enjoy as it's a typical David Cage game where the cinematic story is more prominent than the gameplay (which has many QTEs). But for those who enjoyed similar games (like Heavy Rain) then this would be right up their alley.

I treat these games more like interactive movies that will let me play a good story instead of just watching it and that changes my attitude and expectations considerably.

I felt like Beyond is where things took a better turn for Cage and the execution. Heavy Rain was hit and miss for me and mostly a miss but Beyond tapped in to enough X Files and some other concepts to make it compelling.

Detroit is the best one yet. I liked it enough on PS4 that I'm casually considering the double dip on the PC although I'm not sure there is much point. I thought it was brilliant overall but people need to understand what to expect from these games.

Completed Detroit:Become Human, had a great time playing the three protagonists, seeing the plot unfold through their different points of view. It was an enjoyable experience throughout as David Cage took his formula to the extreme in this game, providing many different outcomes and branching paths to every individual situation while polishing most of the "clunkyness" present in the previous titles.

The 'butterfly effect' present as well, where small changes/items/objects could have a big impact later down the road. Managed to keep almost everyone alive and ended up with a good ending, which felt rewarding as there's many chaotic situations throughout the game which can affect the end in a way you don't want.

Glad I took the time to play it, though as with typical David Cage games it's definitely not for everyone, if you don't mind gameplay via exploration, QTEs, and occasional timed events then its worth a playthrough. If you think you messed up you can always replay the chapter from the main menu to 'overwrite' your previous save.

I've very confused with how we get Detroit Become Human to work. I messed up a QTE (wasn't clear) so a character died. Decided to go back and replay from the last checkpoint because dying over a QTE that don't tell you if you need to hold or tap is dumb. Did that. Now when I click continue, it crashes as soon as the next chapter is about to start. Chapter is "Jericho" if I am not mistaken. Chapter had loaded fine the first time, but only after going back and replaying a checkpoint did this occur.

Had zero issues for 3 hours straight last night.

I read that the latest Nvidia drivers help, downloaded those, but get the same CTD when I click Continue in the menu. Is there any fix for this?

Edit: My fix that may have helped. Turned settings to low, frame rate limit to 30. Reload last section of the last chapter which loaded with these settings. After that the next chapter loaded fine, turned up graphic settings and upped frame rate limit back to 60. Seems to be working so far.

Last edited:
Quantic Dream games are overrated shells of a game with hacky plots and little more than strings of QTEs?
I completely agree, except for the overrated bit, and I still love these games. I always said originality itself is overrated. You can do a good story without a single original idea.
I just love the characters in these games. They feel so human, even the androids in Detroit.
I always call them out for not being able to produce normal gameplay even where it would make sense, but that doesn't make me enjoy the storytelling style any less.

Finished Detroit. Had some crashing bugs, but thankfully weren't too bad. I will say it is a step up from the last two games. Looks like decisions make a bigger overall impact. Replayed a few key parts but will probably do another play through some time. Seems like a lot of the scenes play out mostly the same, but you really need to start from the beginning to unlock alternate pathways.

Will say, I sucked at playing Connor. Seems like I failed most of his missions. Even though he was probably my favorite character/parts.

Detroit_ Become Human 11_15_2022 11_09_13 AM.png

Me on my Vacation

Finally had the nerve to play this game lost my save file since the last time I played it. Trying to see what the Overwhelming Positive reviews are about but I have the Epic version locked up using an X-Box controller a few time had to reload but I got past that part using Mouse Clicks instead.

View attachment 526923

Me on my Vacation

Finally had the nerve to play this game lost my save file since the last time I played it. Trying to see what the Overwhelming Positive reviews are about but I have the Epic version locked up using an X-Box controller a few time had to reload but I got past that part using Mouse Clicks instead.
The Kara scenario with the angry father and the young daughter is incredibly intense. I just started this one as well as it's one of the many bazillion games in my backlog.

That Todd justs get high on some future drugs. I saved the girl on the first part I don't think I saved her the first time I played on the Roof

Back