Quantic Dream titles including Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human coming to PC

Armenius

Extremely [H]
PC Gamer article, so it's an archive (they had to get a swipe in at the studio talking about the unproven claims of harboring a "toxic" environment at the studio).

https://archive.fo/oqzkv

Unfortunately all of them are exclusive to the Epic Game Store for a year.

All of Quantic Dream's more recent games are coming to PC, and will be distributed though the Epic Games Store. Soon, we'll not only be able to press F to pay respects, but also press X to Jason.

The games, which aside from Heavy Rain include Beyond: Two Souls and Detroit: Become Human, have been PlayStation exclusives until now. Epic has done this before, announcing late last year that former PlayStation exclusive Journey will release via the Epic Store (it's still listed as 'coming soon').

Don't really care if it's Epic store or not - I'm just glad it's finally coming to PC. I've been wanting to play Heavy Rain and Detroit for a while now.

Heavy rain was incredible. Remember playing it the 1st day it was released on my PS4

Detroit: Become Human got a lot of good buzz so I'm interested in trying that...good to see more and more of these former console exclusives coming to PC

Never played the other two, but Heavy Rain still looks fantastic even today. Replayability is definitely not very strong, but that first playthrough was fantastic. Probably the closest thing to a playable film I can recall.
If Detroit is comparable I'll bite. At least if the pricing isn't outrageous.

Too bad it's through the Epic Games Store. Which... means that I'll avoid it on PC.

Gotta give Epic credit where credit is due, without their partnership I'm sure we wouldn't see these games on PC. I'll pick up Detroit: Become Human on EGS. Not that I'm a huge fan of their privacy concerns, but they already have my information.

Detroit is something I can definitely recommend. I felt like Quantic "fully arrived" with that title. If you understand how these sorts of games work, I really thought it was brilliant overall.

Last edited:
I already own all of these and they run and look great on PS4 Pro, but I might buy them on PC if/when they come to Steam and are on sale. I won't be putting any payment information into the Epic store until they implement email validation. I have 2FA enabled, but if you don't have email validation on your service, that's not very encouraging.

Detroit looks awesome on PS4 Pro, I can imagine it'll be awesome on PC.

All three of these games have serious narrative and gameplay issues but I would still recommend that people check them out. I don’t like a lot of the way Quantic tells the stories but what they attempt to do is interesting and the tech on display is awesome. Beyond, specifically, has some really cool scenes that are worthy checking out and Detroit does adapt to player choice and consequence in some unique ways.

PC Gamer article, so it's an archive (they had to get a swipe in at the studio talking about the unproven claims of harboring a "toxic" environment at the studio).

https://archive.fo/oqzkv

Unfortunately all of them are exclusive to the Epic Game Store for a year.

All of Quantic Dream's more recent games are coming to PC, and will be distributed though the Epic Games Store. Soon, we'll not only be able to press F to pay respects, but also press X to Jason.

The games, which aside from Heavy Rain include Beyond: Two Souls and Detroit: Become Human, have been PlayStation exclusives until now. Epic has done this before, announcing late last year that former PlayStation exclusive Journey will release via the Epic Store (it's still listed as 'coming soon').

If they have a 'toxic' work environment then it probably means they choose the best people for the job and have an excellent product with no room for dead weight mandatory hire bullshit. Will definitely keep an eye out.

If they have a 'toxic' work environment then it probably means they choose the best people for the job and have an excellent product with no room for dead weight mandatory hire bullshit. Will definitely keep an eye out.

Nah, there was some other stuff with how they supposedly treated employees and some shit that got passed around the office. It’s several levels of “he said she said” bs combined with some rather creepy and stupid things the studio did and said.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Detroit: Become Human system requirements (all the Quantic games have the same requirements)...will be using the Vulkan API...

Minimum:
  • Processor: i5-2400 @ 3.4GHz or equivalent
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 660 or equivalent
  • VRAM: 2 GB
  • Graphics API: Vulkan
Recommended:
  • Processor: I7-2700K or equivalent
  • Memory: 12 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1080 or equivalent
  • VRAM: 8 GB
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/detroit-become-human/home

Looking forward to them. Really wanted to play Last of Us or the Drake series but those will never come to PC. This makes me less annoyed that I missed the holiday PS4 bundles. Will play at least one of these, Detroit, and probably play the rest on a PS5 ideally. Sounds like the next console will be backwards compatible.

Gotta give Epic credit where credit is due, without their partnership I'm sure we wouldn't see these games on PC. I'll pick up Detroit: Become Human on EGS. Not that I'm a huge fan of their privacy concerns, but they already have my information.
What do you mean? Do you have information that they funded these ports, and not just snatching them with last minute exclusivity deals like they did with everything else?

What do you mean? Do you have information that they funded these ports, and not just snatching them with last minute exclusivity deals like they did with everything else?

I saw an article that day that the topic was started Epic and Sony had a partnership but that was about it. Not sure if they are funding it so that is up for debate. Could just be that Sony was happy with they money they received for the exclusivity agreement.

I saw an article that day that the topic was started Epic and Sony had a partnership but that was about it. Not sure if they are funding it so that is up for debate. Could just be that Sony was happy with they money they received for the exclusivity agreement.
Quantic quietly ended their exclusivity deal with sony late last year. According to sources netease purchased a large stake in the company which means they are funding the development. That suggests this would've happened without epic all the same.

Detroit: Become Human system requirements (all the Quantic games have the same requirements)...will be using the Vulkan API...

Minimum:
  • Processor: i5-2400 @ 3.4GHz or equivalent
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 660 or equivalent
  • VRAM: 2 GB
Recommended:
  • Processor: I7-2700K or equivalent
  • Memory: 12 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1080 or equivalent
  • VRAM: 8 GB
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/detroit-become-human/home
Great to see more games using Vulkan. I have a dream that one day it will replace DirectX as the graphics API of choice for developers.

Great to see more games using Vulkan. I have a dream that one day it will replace DirectX as the graphics API of choice for developers.

I think Vulkan is easier to port to from PSGL/PSSL since they are based off OpenGL. I'm not versed in API but that is what I would assume.

I think Vulkan is easier to port to from PSGL/PSSL since they are based off OpenGL. I'm not versed in API but that is what I would assume.
GNM is the API the PS4 uses, and it is not based on OpenGL as far as I know.

I'll never forget the hilarious glitch in Heavy Rain where the protagonist continually yells Shaun over and over again. It has never been reproduced since (the glitch), but at least they caught it on camera:

BTW, SPOILER ALERT if you haven't played the game and want to... don't watch this video.

Also, this guy's laugh is absolutely hilarious watching the protagonist continually trip over everything:

Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human get release dates (and demos) on PC

Developer Quantic Dream has shared PC release dates for its previously PlayStation-exclusive narrative adventures Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human - and all three will be getting demos ahead of launch...first up is Quantic Dream's pulpy serial killer crime drama Heavy Rain, which arrives on PC on June 24th...it'll cost $19.99 but if you fancy taking it for a test-drive before slapping your money on the table, a demo launches on May 24th...Beyond: Two Souls will also cost $19.99 and comes to PC on July 22nd, and its demo arrives on June 27th...

Detroit: Become Human is scheduled to release some time this autumn for $39.99 and there's a demo coming at a non-specific future point this 'summer'...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-detroit-become-human-get-release-dates-on-pc

If you preorder right now on the epic store it’s $10 off.

Looking forward to replaying Heavy Rain on PC. While I own/completed the console version, the issue for me was that all the important events in the game were based around QTEs (quick time events, where you have a split second to press the correct button) - and if you pressed the wrong one 'bad things' happened to the story. Being a PC gamer I sucked at QTEs using a console controller so I got the bad endings for all the characters and the game, which sucked.

Heavy rain itself is only 10 bucks right now, I picked up both it and detroit.

Played all of these day one (PS3 and PS4), have nothing but great things to say for all. They all were a joy to play through and it’ll be awesome playing them on the PC again, in glorious 4K of course.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
For folks picking these up in the Epic sale I do want to make one warning:

Detroit is VERY ham fisted with its "the androids are like African Americans or [insert other minority here]" message. It gets pretty bad later in the game, specifically towards the end where the writing takes a nose dive. I stand by my earlier recommendation, but be prepared for a pretty poorly delivered attempt at a "social message" from David Cage in this one. The early game is great and it sets up each of the principal characters in a really compelling manner, it just has several narrative issues later on no matter which choices you make.

For folks picking these up in the Epic sale I do want to make one warning:

Detroit is VERY ham fisted with its "the androids are like African Americans or [insert other minority here]" message. It gets pretty bad later in the game, specifically towards the end where the writing takes a nose dive. I stand by my earlier recommendation, but be prepared for a pretty poorly delivered attempt at a "social message" from David Cage in this one. The early game is great and it sets up each of the principal characters in a really compelling manner, it just has several narrative issues later on no matter which choices you make.
For anyone that wants to develop their own opinion, it's best not to read this stuff, but
the story does get frustrating because when my car, computer, or toaster acts up I take corrective action. When an android malfunctions, I'd expect corrective action. They're not human, they don't inherently deserve civil rights, they are mechanical devices built to serve a purpose. Equating the situation in Detroit to the civil rights movement and then forcing the player to work around that is frustrating.

out of the 3 Quantic Dream titles coming to PC, Heavy Rain is the one I'm most interested in playing...sounds like a fun game...

out of the 3 Quantic Dream titles coming to PC, Heavy Rain is the one I'm most interested in playing...sounds like a fun game...

Heavy Rain was....Ambitious. At $10 its worth playing, but it falls apart pretty quickly. What the game tries to do is interesting, but its clearly well beyond what Quantic was capable of pulling off. Its got a cool atheistic, but the gameplay is incredibly frustrating.

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
Heavy Rain was....Ambitious. At $10 its worth playing, but it falls apart pretty quickly. What the game tries to do is interesting, but its clearly well beyond what Quantic was capable of pulling off. Its got a cool atheistic, but the gameplay is incredibly frustrating.

does Heavy Rain still hold up today even though the game is 9 years old?

does Heavy Rain still hold up today even though the game is 9 years old?

Graphically it might and the game has a great atmosphere. KB+M might might some of the more annoying gameplay sections more tolerable, but the writing is still going to be a bit of a mess. The game ends up being unintentionally funny at times. I don't think the game ever really "held up" even when it was released. However, its $10 right now so its hard to not recommend it to people interested in what Quantic was attempting.

Really glad to see these coming to PC. Kinda glad I waited it out since my first time playing them will be on a 4K OLED. :D

Not sure yet whether I want to pick them up on the EGS or wait for the exclusivity period to expire, but either way this is good news for gamers.

Really glad to see these coming to PC. Kinda glad I waited it out since my first time playing them will be on a 4K OLED. :D

Not sure yet whether I want to pick them up on the EGS or wait for the exclusivity period to expire, but either way this is good news for gamers.

Have they even said they will come out on Steam? It sounds like these games wouldn't even be coming to PC if it wasn't for EGS. Unless they specifically said there will be a steam release date later I wouldn't count on it.

Have they even said they will come out on Steam? It sounds like these games wouldn't even be coming to PC if it wasn't for EGS. Unless they specifically said there will be a steam release date later I wouldn't count on it.

Yes, they bought the rights for their games from Sony. I assume they may even come to Xbox.

Well my post didn't say anything about Steam, just that they will be exclusive to the Epic Store for a period of 1 year. The assumption in this thread was that they will be offered on Steam once the exclusivity period expires, but I guess we will see. As much as I don't care for fragmenting my games library when possible, I'd buy them even if they didn't come to Steam as long as they were available somewhere more reputable and less icky...I just don't fully trust Epic with all of the security/privacy concerns floating around. If they can convince me that they are taking the necessary precautions to keep everything secure and flesh out their store/client a little more, then maybe I'll consider it.

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
Shame they buggered up the Heavy Rain demo launch, I'm eager to check it out so I can compare against the PS4. I don't really expect much other than a smooth 60+ FPS and maybe upscaled textures.

Back