Quantic Dream titles including Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human coming to PC

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Tried all three games, couldn't get over the shit controls in Beyond Two Souls, and got bored with Heavy Rain when they wouldn't let me leave a rain-soaked field in the middle of the night. I'm not a fucking professional Police Officer, but they apparently wanted me to find a needle in a haystack. There ere no remaining trails of evidence to follow, so I was clueless at that point.

I have played Fahrenheit previously, and it's more of the same " Marginal story game with terrible quick-time , repetitive button pressing controls." I'm not a perfectionist, and I'm not going to cheat sheet my way through the opening murder escape scene in this fucking game, but When you miss yet-another tiny fucking detail, because I'm not a murderer, then had to startover , I got tired of this shit.

I get the impression that console owners are stuck with games like these, and rather than acknowledge the shit-eating truth, they would rather pretend this bag is filled with delicious cake, and keep paying for unending sequels. I mean, that's how we ended-up with the Universally-acknowledged trainweck that is Detroit, right?

Or are all these PS owners just Wannabe Popo?
Reviews weren't that great for this game. Probably because it isn't that great. Wasn't impressed with the last two either, but still want to give this one a try. Probably a reason why Sony was willing to sell the IPs back to Quantic Dream. Seems like they were not putting out superb games anymore.

limitedaccess

Supreme [H]ardness
Tried all three games, couldn't get over the shit controls in Beyond Two Souls, and got bored with Heavy Rain when they wouldn't let me leave a rain-soaked field in the middle of the night. I'm not a fucking professional Police Officer, but they apparently wanted me to find a needle in a haystack. There ere no remaining trails of evidence to follow, so I was clueless at that point.

I have played Fahrenheit previously, and it's more of the same " Marginal story game with terrible quick-time , repetitive button pressing controls." I'm not a perfectionist, and I'm not going to cheat sheet my way through the opening murder escape scene in this fucking game, but When you miss yet-another tiny fucking detail, because I'm not a murderer, then had to startover , I got tired of this shit.

I get the impression that console owners are stuck with games like these, and rather than acknowledge the shit-eating truth, they would rather pretend this bag is filled with delicious cake, and keep paying for unending sequels. I mean, that's how we ended-up with the Universally-acknowledged trainweck that is Detroit, right?

Or are all these PS owners just Wannabe Popo?
They've always been somewhat of a niche/specialty game type, well at least to the crowd that'll likely frequent hardocp. They're just modern takes on the old style adventure games which were also often bogged down by pixel hunting a "needle in a haystack."

I mean for every one of these sequels there's what a dozen Soul's, CoD, GTA and Uncharted analogues? Most "hardcore" console owners gravitate to the those types of games over these as well.

Armenius

Fully [H]
Out today on Steam, and ironically these versions do not come with Denuvo DRM unlike the EGS versions.

Drexion

[H]ard|Gawd
Completed Beyond Two Souls today. Other than the occasional wonky camera/controls it was a fairly enjoyable experience throughout. The game unfolded in a non-chronological order by recalling important moments in the primary character's life, and it worked pretty well.

It's certainly not a game everyone will enjoy as it's a typical David Cage game where the cinematic story is more prominent than the gameplay (which has many QTEs). But for those who enjoyed similar games (like Heavy Rain) then this would be right up their alley.

Q-BZ

Fully [H]
Completed Beyond Two Souls today. Other than the occasional wonky camera/controls it was a fairly enjoyable experience throughout. The game unfolded in a non-chronological order by recalling important moments in the primary character's life, and it worked pretty well.

It's certainly not a game everyone will enjoy as it's a typical David Cage game where the cinematic story is more prominent than the gameplay (which has many QTEs). But for those who enjoyed similar games (like Heavy Rain) then this would be right up their alley.
I treat these games more like interactive movies that will let me play a good story instead of just watching it and that changes my attitude and expectations considerably.

I felt like Beyond is where things took a better turn for Cage and the execution. Heavy Rain was hit and miss for me and mostly a miss but Beyond tapped in to enough X Files and some other concepts to make it compelling.

Detroit is the best one yet. I liked it enough on PS4 that I'm casually considering the double dip on the PC although I'm not sure there is much point. I thought it was brilliant overall but people need to understand what to expect from these games.