Quantic Dream titles including Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human coming to PC

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Armenius, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

PC Gamer article, so it's an archive (they had to get a swipe in at the studio talking about the unproven claims of harboring a "toxic" environment at the studio).

https://archive.fo/oqzkv

Unfortunately all of them are exclusive to the Epic Game Store for a year.

All of Quantic Dream's more recent games are coming to PC, and will be distributed though the Epic Games Store. Soon, we'll not only be able to press F to pay respects, but also press X to Jason.

The games, which aside from Heavy Rain include Beyond: Two Souls and Detroit: Become Human, have been PlayStation exclusives until now. Epic has done this before, announcing late last year that former PlayStation exclusive Journey will release via the Epic Store (it's still listed as 'coming soon').

2. Mchart

Mchart 2[H]4U

Don't really care if it's Epic store or not - I'm just glad it's finally coming to PC. I've been wanting to play Heavy Rain and Detroit for a while now.

Armenius likes this.
  3. bizzmeister

bizzmeister [H]ard|Gawd

Heavy rain was incredible. Remember playing it the 1st day it was released on my PS4

4. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ardForum Junkie

Detroit: Become Human got a lot of good buzz so I'm interested in trying that...good to see more and more of these former console exclusives coming to PC

Armenius likes this.
  5. Domingo

Domingo Skip My Posts

Never played the other two, but Heavy Rain still looks fantastic even today. Replayability is definitely not very strong, but that first playthrough was fantastic. Probably the closest thing to a playable film I can recall.
    If Detroit is comparable I'll bite. At least if the pricing isn't outrageous.

Armenius likes this.
  6. UnknownSouljer

UnknownSouljer [H]ardness Supreme

Too bad it's through the Epic Games Store. Which... means that I'll avoid it on PC.

Armenius likes this.
  7. Lmah2x

Lmah2x Gawd

Gotta give Epic credit where credit is due, without their partnership I'm sure we wouldn't see these games on PC. I'll pick up Detroit: Become Human on EGS. Not that I'm a huge fan of their privacy concerns, but they already have my information.

8. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

Detroit is something I can definitely recommend. I felt like Quantic "fully arrived" with that title. If you understand how these sorts of games work, I really thought it was brilliant overall.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    Armenius likes this.
  9. djoye

djoye 2[H]4U

I already own all of these and they run and look great on PS4 Pro, but I might buy them on PC if/when they come to Steam and are on sale. I won't be putting any payment information into the Epic store until they implement email validation. I have 2FA enabled, but if you don't have email validation on your service, that's not very encouraging.

Detroit looks awesome on PS4 Pro, I can imagine it'll be awesome on PC.

Armenius likes this.
  10. Derangel

Derangel [H]ard as it Gets

All three of these games have serious narrative and gameplay issues but I would still recommend that people check them out. I don’t like a lot of the way Quantic tells the stories but what they attempt to do is interesting and the tech on display is awesome. Beyond, specifically, has some really cool scenes that are worthy checking out and Detroit does adapt to player choice and consequence in some unique ways.

Armenius likes this.
  11. N4CR

N4CR 2[H]4U

If they have a 'toxic' work environment then it probably means they choose the best people for the job and have an excellent product with no room for dead weight mandatory hire bullshit. Will definitely keep an eye out.

Armenius likes this.
  12. Derangel

Derangel [H]ard as it Gets

Nah, there was some other stuff with how they supposedly treated employees and some shit that got passed around the office. It’s several levels of “he said she said” bs combined with some rather creepy and stupid things the studio did and said.

N4CR likes this.
  13. byusinger84

byusinger84 Gawd

I've played all of these games. They are quite good.

Armenius likes this.
  14. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ardForum Junkie

Detroit: Become Human system requirements (all the Quantic games have the same requirements)...will be using the Vulkan API...

Minimum:
    • Processor: i5-2400 @ 3.4GHz or equivalent
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 660 or equivalent
    • VRAM: 2 GB
    • Graphics API: Vulkan
    Recommended:
    • Processor: I7-2700K or equivalent
    • Memory: 12 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1080 or equivalent
    • VRAM: 8 GB
    • Graphics API: Vulkan
    https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/detroit-become-human/home

Armenius and cageymaru like this.
  15. Flogger23m

Flogger23m [H]ardForum Junkie

Looking forward to them. Really wanted to play Last of Us or the Drake series but those will never come to PC. This makes me less annoyed that I missed the holiday PS4 bundles. Will play at least one of these, Detroit, and probably play the rest on a PS5 ideally. Sounds like the next console will be backwards compatible.

Armenius likes this.
  16. M76

M76 [H]ardForum Junkie

What do you mean? Do you have information that they funded these ports, and not just snatching them with last minute exclusivity deals like they did with everything else?

17. Lmah2x

Lmah2x Gawd

I saw an article that day that the topic was started Epic and Sony had a partnership but that was about it. Not sure if they are funding it so that is up for debate. Could just be that Sony was happy with they money they received for the exclusivity agreement.

18. M76

M76 [H]ardForum Junkie

Quantic quietly ended their exclusivity deal with sony late last year. According to sources netease purchased a large stake in the company which means they are funding the development. That suggests this would've happened without epic all the same.

Lmah2x and Armenius like this.
  19. Armenius

Great to see more games using Vulkan. I have a dream that one day it will replace DirectX as the graphics API of choice for developers.

Lmah2x likes this.
  20. Lmah2x

Lmah2x Gawd

I think Vulkan is easier to port to from PSGL/PSSL since they are based off OpenGL. I'm not versed in API but that is what I would assume.

21. Armenius

GNM is the API the PS4 uses, and it is not based on OpenGL as far as I know.

Lmah2x likes this.
  22. zamardii12

zamardii12 2[H]4U

I'll never forget the hilarious glitch in Heavy Rain where the protagonist continually yells Shaun over and over again. It has never been reproduced since (the glitch), but at least they caught it on camera:

BTW, SPOILER ALERT if you haven't played the game and want to... don't watch this video.

Also, this guy's laugh is absolutely hilarious watching the protagonist continually trip over everything: