Quality modmic 4.0 add-on microphone for (possibly) 34.99 + 5 s/h

I honestly prefer even the Zalman mic over the Mod-mic. I bought one and it stopped working within 2 days of using it. The customer support was decent though. They sent me a return label and did an "autopsy" on it. They responded and said there was a "short" in one of the wires. Pretty sad since I literally used it all of like 4 hours before this mysterious "short" happened.

It is just a gimmick IMO. I much prefer my Blue Yeti to clip on mics.

I honestly prefer even the Zalman mic over the Mod-mic. I bought one and it stopped working within 2 days of using it. The customer support was decent though. They sent me a return label and did an "autopsy" on it. They responded and said there was a "short" in one of the wires. Pretty sad since I literally used it all of like 4 hours before this mysterious "short" happened.

It is just a gimmick IMO. I much prefer my Blue Yeti to clip on mics.
I'm happy to hear their customer support is good. What version of the modmic did you have?

The Zalman is crap compared to the ModMid. I owned both the Zalmans the 2.3 mModMic and just purchased the 4.0 on this drop. Great deal.

The Zalman is crap compared to the ModMid. I owned both the Zalmans the 2.3 mModMic and just purchased the 4.0 on this drop. Great deal.

yea, had 2 zalmans...and friends said voice sounds muffled...and i have a deep voice already. I grabbed two mod mics on the last drop and it sounds clear as day to them

It's a good mic. Mine has been working for a good, long time. Decent noise cancellation, notably better voice quality than any Turtle Beach headset based mic I've tried.

Got mine on the last drop and it was money well spent. Great mic.

I got one of these on a Massdrop a good while ago.

I never actually used it. Before you commit to one of these, ask yourself if you want to have another cord running from your headphones to a mic in port. It might seem like nothing, but on my T1's the cord is already massive, and wrapping a cord around that cord is quite nearly impossible. Not to mention since I'm using an O2 the mic goes to a different location than the headphones. Extra inconvenient.

Also, I was talking to people on Raidcall at the time I was trying it out. Compared to my Soundblaster Z series mic, not a single person said that they could hear me better. So I just kept using my Soundblaster Z mic. It's easy to mount on top of my RoG Swift, it's plenty sensitive, and it doesn't restrict me with yet another cord. Overall an excellent little mic.

Not a bad deal. Slightly more expensive than what I paid over @ madorc.com (29.99)

I had the first or 2nd gen modmic which worked fine. Friends told me the audio was good, but not great. My only dislike was it would tangle with my headphones which got old. Switched to a Blue snowball after about a year to not have to mess with the tangles and its been much better. For not much more $$ I think its a better buy purely on not having to mess with the extra cable.

If you have a headphone with a swappable cable, buy the V-Moda BoomPro Mic instead. I have both and find that the sound quality is on par or slightly better with the V-Moda mic on the PC. For console use, my Astro MixAmp Pro also had some funky issues with the modmic sound quality and the BoomPro sounded perfect (I guess they are a bad match). It is also far more convenient not having another cable hanging around.

As a person speaking into a mic you might not care much because you don't have to listen to yourself. But from my experience the modmic was very much superior in quality to the zaleman mic. This means other people can hear what I am saying easier and better with less noise.

The 4 hour short was just a bad mic, they took care of it right? I on the other hand have had 3 mod mics working for several years no without any problems despite people running the cords over with chairs.

I will however admit that the second cord can be annoying. Its too bad more companies do not allow all headphones to have removable cords that could be replaced with aftermarket mics that have integrated headphone wires.

Just got mine in the mail today.... I have yet to attach them to my newly bought Sennheiser HD600's. I'm gonna do that when I get home tonight. I can't wait for my AMP / DAC to come in!!!!

I used the original modmic for a long time and really liked it, and I'm sure this is great with the improvements they have made.

That said, I use a V-Moda BoomPro now, paired with some Fidelio X1's, and that's pure headset bliss right there. Great mic, great headphones, and only one cable.

As a person speaking into a mic you might not care much because you don't have to listen to yourself. But from my experience the modmic was very much superior in quality to the zaleman mic. This means other people can hear what I am saying easier and better with less noise.

The 4 hour short was just a bad mic, they took care of it right? I on the other hand have had 3 mod mics working for several years no without any problems despite people running the cords over with chairs.

I will however admit that the second cord can be annoying. Its too bad more companies do not allow all headphones to have removable cords that could be replaced with aftermarket mics that have integrated headphone wires.

I agree that I just got a bad mic and yes they took care of it. The response time was a little on the long side IMO, but it did get fixed. Honestly I found a Blue Yeti Pro for an amazing price while I was waiting to hear back from Antlion.

I much prefer the Blue Yeti to everything I have tried so far. Thank goodness for my large desk :)

I bought a ModMic from someone here in the FS/T section. I fucking love this thing. I coupled it with a pair of 688B headphones and it's better than any headset I've ever used.

I bought a ModMic from someone here in the FS/T section. I fucking love this thing. I coupled it with a pair of 688B headphones and it's better than any headset I've ever used.

I'm seeing/hearing a lot about this combo. I'll have the same combo based on all of the reviews. Pretty excited to say the least...:D

Love the ModMic! Use it with a Denon D600, AKG K550 and mounted on a busted KSC-75 for use with regular speakers.

Picks up my voice very clearly and does not pick up much from the speakers.

Back